How Can I Reset Windows Hello So It Belongs To ME????

dancemonkeymadness
dancemonkeymadness Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
This community is literally my last hope. I have contacted Microsoft support so many times over this and they are absolutely HORRID. The last one has even got me scared to call again because he went through my photos on my PC through GTA and then when I ended the call with him after he started screwing with other things on my desktop instead of doing anything to help, he harassed me for at least the next hour with back-to-back calls until I had to block Microsoft's main number. As someone that has been stalked before, this was EXTREMELY FRIGHTENING not only because of the behavior but also because it was coming from an overseas stranger I have no legal protection from. No way to report him or get a restraining order or anything like that. 

Anyhow... after dropping that shocker... here is the problem. I somehow managed to get my Personal account attached to a Business account that was only on trial. The trial is over, and the Business account is gone, but my Personal account is still administered by its admin email... even though that email doesn't exist anymore and neither does the account that had it. I have tried so many different ways to detach my Personal account from the Business account, but every time it requires I log into the Business account... which of course doesn't exist anymore, so I can't log in... it tells me that account doesn't exist. 

Meanwhile, because of this, I can't sign into Windows Hello. It requires I log in "from my work or school account" to do anything with my PERSONAL account. The worst part of this is I tried logging out and switching to a local login, then creating a new account... Windows Hello is still attached to the Business account. To my understanding, this basically means that a nonexistent Business account OWNS MY LAPTOP now, permanently... ? 

... Is the only solution to this to buy a new laptop, because this is a brand new laptop... it's not even three months old yet... ???

Answers