Servicing is ignored

SNshowrov63
SNshowrov63 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
A very ODD EXPERIENCE about having repair servicing from SMART TECHNOLOGY Repair service branch near Bata Signal, Elephant Road>>>>>>>>>>UNPROFESSIONAL, ODD and ARROGANT BEHAVIOR with customers, NOT EVEN LISTENS TO THE PROBLEMS WHILE BEING IN REPAIR SERVICING, ***** CARING!!!

I had been using my gaming laptop ACER NITRO 5(core i7 processor,7th generation) since the 19th December,2017( The first time when I purchased it) till 31st August,2020.

During this use of almost 3 years, I never faced any sort of hardware or any kind of problem even though once I accidentally dropped my laptop.It hit so hard that its physical outer casing incured a breach but the intenal motherboard hardware including other stuff were fully okay.It happened after 6 months of when I got it in hand first after purchasing.But I continued using it for rest of the 2.5 years like that and never faced any sort of problem. I was guaranteed 2 years of warranty.After 2 years, I had to change the thermal paste of it when overheating issue suddenly showed up and then it ran okay fully.Otherwise I never faced any sort of overheating case while playing games in a row of 8 hours or 7 hours day during this 3 years.

From today, 6 months ago( may be in march,2020),

my cat suddenly hit the display of my laptop hardly while running around and slipped my laptop from my table.It consequently broke the hinge of the display. The display still worked perfectly.In this recent COVID pandemic, I could not go to repair it but to wait during 6 months.But my laptop still worked fine even in that state. It seemed very durable.Here goes the total consequent of observations before coming to repairing case.

Now let me get to the main point:

on 29th august in 2020, when I suddenly to power on my laptop, it did not start.I plugged in my adapter and again tried to power on but it still did not turn on.Even the blue indicator near the adapter port of my laptop was not flashing after plugging in the adapter.So I myself, opened the outer covering my laptop in order to see if it had any sort of losely connection in any nodes of the parts of it.I plugged the out the battery cable, ram, sdd,network cards,etc. and then again attached them in and then caused hard reset.Then I let my laptop to rest for a while like that for 5 minutes.Then I started to power it on and it powered on.I felt a bit relief. After that, I played an RTS game namely 'Company of Heroes 2' with of my friends for 8 to 9 hours in a row. And my laptop worked still fine with no laggings or sudden power off. It also powered on for use in other times since 29th august,2020.

But;

on 31st august in 2020(after 2 days),the same problem showed up again.In this time, I did the same and the BLUE LED indicator flashed as well but the Screen remained blank for a long time.I powered it off and again tried to power it on.This time, it was turning on and off by itself. So again, I had to power it off.Then I did hard reset again.

But this time, the laptop did not power on even after trying after certain hours by giving it some rest.Even the BLUE LED INDICATOR(which usually flashes if the adapter is plugged in) did not flash for a bit.

Feeling totally helpless, I contacted the laptop repair service branch of SMART TECHNOLOGY( ***** I knew that they are the AUTHORIZED dealers in Bangladesh to ACER GAMING LAPTOPS) for help.

BUT HERE ARE THE ODD EXPERIENCES I FACED about their different feedback and UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR:

After going to their laptop repair service center near Bata signal at Elephant Road, I gave them my laptop for repair servicing.During the time of their receiption of the laptop from me, while I was about to tell them about what were my observations till then this damage happened,they were not even paying any heed to my words even for a single second. They were acting so much arrogant(as they are so much experienced that they don't need to hear since they will run a diagnosis on it) by not even allowing to describe fully about what I experienced about my laptop.

One of their inside employees came to with some dominating attitude and said to me," You don't need to describe what you observed fully(in Bangla). Just say in simple words,"no power." "

Okay. I followed their ways and instructions and their ways while they were receiving the product from me and I did not push any sort bargain or argument as I didn't want any sort of bad impression which might cause bad effect during taking the service( AS THERE ARE A LOT OF OPEN Secrets about different technicians willingly destroying internal parts of motherboards which will cause dead system in order to do out of 2 purposes: Either causes dead system willingly being angry or damages a component to make the customer buy it from them.)

After they received me my laptop for repairing purpose, they gave me a receipt and told that their technician will check the whole thing and call me within 2 days. So I did not hesitated much and went back home.

3 days passed since that day and they did not make a single phone call to me to notify me about the condition of my laptop. I was so worried about it as it was my very favorite thing of mine that I at first contacted their technician via phone call. And he told that he hadn’t even touched yet. He also said that it might be a problem in the motherboard of my laptop. I felt a bit more stressed and worried to hear that because working with the components in the middle of motherboard of laptop do not sound quite easy and a good thing while it comes to get it repaired in Bangladesh. Those parts are small and are very carefully placed with special machineries. But I also felt very odd to see that they haven’t even checked anything of it within 3 days and also started assuming without even checking anything. I suggested him that it might be a problem from my battery and the nodes which might have gone loose or something because while I was checking my laptop at my home, I found that my 2 cells of my battery slightly swollen. So basically my battery was quite faulty by the time. But still, it ran fine for 2 days till it totally turned off since the day when it showed the same problem.

However, I let the technician proceed. On the next day, I again phone called the technician and HE SAID THAT 2 of the I.C. in the motherboard was damaged and further they are also running more diagnosis to find out If there were any more problems or not. I suggested him to check the ram and other components of that laptop by placing those in other laptop(compatible) to see if those are working or not. He directly said, “ No. We can’t do that. Because it is not in our protocol. You mentioned ‘NO POWER’ in you receipt and so we are following a particular rules to at first make the system get to power first. We don’t need to check the parts whether those are functional or not by placing them in other spare laptop. We can realize it by looking at some particular symptoms.” ((( what the *****!))

I told him that he could at least use its similar spare battery (compatible) to check whether it becomes powered or not. But he won’t do that because he says that it goes against their rules or whatsoever ***** stuff protocol. So I let him do whatever ways he preferred to get it done since I am not a certified tech guy. BY THE WAY, I asked him what are the I.C. s which got damaged. And he just bluffed and said that I won’t understand what those are so it is not necessary to know. I had my familiar friends and elder brothers who are experts in computer stuff and so I basically wanted know about those I.C. s which got damaged and later I would have asked about those from those brothers of mine. Just to know what might happen and what to be done. They still did not TELL ME HOW THE DAMAGE LOOKED LIKE AND AT WHAT RATE!!!! Thus the conversation with their that Technician ended.

On the next day, I went to ‘WIT’ to buy a spare battery compatible for my ACER NITRO 5 and at 7:50 pm, I went to that office of SMART LAPTOP REPAIR SERVICE BRANCH to so that they can at least check in shortcut by replacing the battery at first. They took it from me and then said that they will do it. Then I went back home. Their office closed by then and they did not do any further checkings on that day after taking the new battery from me.

On the 5th day(FINAL DAY) , I phone called their technician ‘AMIT DATTA’ at 11 AM to check whether they did the small suggestion I requested to do or not. Their technician picked up the phone call and replied that they don’t have the necessary parts of those I.C. at present and are not going to be able to import those for now(((EVEN THOUGH BEING SELLERS OF ACER GAMING LAPTOP and OTHER COMPONENTS in the market!!))) and so I have to take away my LAPTOP from them then.

I was shocked to hear that kind of double standard reply. I again asked why I was not given back my laptop in the last night when I came to give them the new battery if they were aware that they don’t have those necessary parts to replace them in the motherboard of my laptop. He gave a very illogical answer by saying that their office was getting closed by then and so they did not make a phone call or tell me to take away my stuff.

>>>>> THEY ARE RUNNING A REPAIR SERVICE STATION THERE and HOW THE HELL THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF WHETHER THEY HAVE THE PARTS OR GOING TO HAVE THE PARTS EVEN AFTER PASSING 5 DAYS???!!!! BESIDES DOES IT TAKE MORE THAN 5 days to complete a diagnosis on the hardware of a laptop while they simply check things using their VOLTMETERS at first?!?!?!?<<<<<<<<

The next thing you are going to see now which I am about to write is going to naturally will also make you feel skeptical logically like I also felt.

SO I WENT TO THEIR PLACE AND TOOK MY LAPTOP BACK. DURING THAT TIME, I ASKED THAT TECHNICIAN COURTEOUSLY ABOUT WHICH ARE THE PARTS HE FOUND OUT AS TO BE DAMAGED.

HE SIMPLY SAID THAT  HE DID NOT EVEN OPEN UP MY LAPTOP WITHIN THESE 5 DAYS AND HE DID NOT EVEN CHECK PHYSICALLY ANY PARTS OF IT. NOT A SINGLE ONE!!!. AFTER HEARING THIS KIND OF UNPROFESSIONAL REPLY, I again asked, “””” Why didn’t you people even check it within these 5 days which you were keeping me on halt?? And you people did not even phone called about the problems by yourselves. Rather I had to phone call you at first to CHECK ABOUT THE PROGRESS.””””

He shamelessly replied,” We just assumed that those I.C. are damaged before checking. So we were trying to ensure those parts availability at first before proceeding..”

>>>>>THEN WHY THE ***** DID THIS GUY say that HE FOUND OUT 2 I.C. in my motherboard damaged and going to investigate further if there had been anymore damaged components or not<<<<<

I had no Idea about how to confront them and in such situation.

Later I took the laptop and moved to WIT and had their technicians checked it right in front of me taking time being present. And they said that it was not the problem with the I.C. related to the POWER rather 3 sides of my laptop’s motherboard had SHORT CIRCUITED. Those might the chipset, GPU, or any other thing. The GPU and CPU are internally fixed to the MOTHERBOARD of ACER NITRO 5 LAPTOP which means that even I have to replace my motherboard, It will include those major components are other fixed stuff which will almost cost 70% price of the main laptop. So it will basically sound that it is better to buy a new laptop otherwise.

FACT IS THAT AFTER FACING CONSEQUENTLY SUCH TYPES OF EVENTS, I am quite skeptical that THEY  MIGHT HAVE (THE TECHNICIANS from SMART TECHNOLOGY) RATHER DAMAGED MY COMPONENTS AS I trying to contact and they were always showing being irritated behavior.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SO I SUGGEST ALL THAT PLEASE DON’T BUY PRODUCTS FROM SUCH A COMPANY WHO ARE ***** CARING AND ***** IN GIVING SERVICING TO THE CUSTOMERS WHO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. RATHER YOU MAY END UP LOSSING PRICEY STUFF LIKE ME THOUGH TRYING TO GET IT REPAIRED.

AT LEAST THE GLOBAL BRAND BD( THE AUTHORIZED ASUS LAPTOP SELLERS AND REPAIR SERVICE GIVERS IN BANGLADESH) are not this much rude and ***** caring even after receiving NON-WARRANTY holding products for repair servicing.THEY EVEN TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS TO TAKE PICTURES OF EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT OF THE PRODUCT THEY ARE ABOUT TO TAKE BEFORE REPAIRING AND ALSO CLEARLY LISTENS TO THE PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF BLUFFING BY UTTERING PROTOCOLS and whatsoever stuff.

So don’t put yourselves in such kind of TRAPS specially while you are about buy to PRICEY STUFF.

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    SNshowrov63,

We are sorry to hear on what happened. 

Please understand Acer community is a peer to peer support where Acer users support other Acer users by providing assistance. Regarding your issue i would recommend you to contact your local Acer support and report the situation.

Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Note: This thread will now be closed

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
This discussion has been closed.