Wifi Network Adapter Driver

agh55
agh55 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I'm having speed issues on WIFI with my Acer Aspire 5741A. I want to download the latest Wireless driver for my card, Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93. I'm having difficulty finding the Manufactures site and the link to this particular driver. I would appreciate some help, if someone on the forum could provide the appropriate link. Thanks 

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,532 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    agh55 said:
    Hi, I'm having speed issues on WIFI with my Acer Aspire 5741A. I want to download the latest Wireless driver for my card, Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93. I'm having difficulty finding the Manufactures site and the link to this particular driver. I would appreciate some help, if someone on the forum could provide the appropriate link. Thanks 

Here is the Win-10 latest driver for WiFi for your Acer Aspire 5741A "Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93" get it from here: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-29-and-Windows10-64bit.html its file name: win10-10.0.3.456-whql.zip. 

Btw and consider this, I changed the OEM 2.4G only WiFi card to this Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WiFi-2.4&5G/BT-4.0 card on an Aspire 5750-2214 and it worked perfectly and I got all the Win-10 Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WiFi/BT card drivers both WiFi and BT from the above site, you should consider doing that if you want Bluetooth as it works 100%. Good luck

Answers

• @agh55
    Open device manager→expand network adapters→right click on Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93→update device→search automatically for updated.......
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,532 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    agh55 said:

Here is the Win-10 latest driver for WiFi for your Acer Aspire 5741A "Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93" get it from here: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-29-and-Windows10-64bit.html its file name: win10-10.0.3.456-whql.zip. 

Btw and consider this, I changed the OEM 2.4G only WiFi card to this Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WiFi-2.4&5G/BT-4.0 card on an Aspire 5750-2214 and it worked perfectly and I got all the Win-10 Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WiFi/BT card drivers both WiFi and BT from the above site, you should consider doing that if you want Bluetooth as it works 100%. Good luck

• agh55

Tinkerer

Hi StevenGen, thanks for the very comprehensive reply, when I opened the link you provided, I see 2 options;
    1: The Zip file, Green button, when I extract this it opens with 8 files, but how do I run this
    2: There is a link to side of the green button which is an address which opens as a DSOne.exe.
    I'm not sure what to do, can you please advise, Thanks

• agh55 said:
    Hi StevenGen, thanks for the very comprehensive reply, when I opened the link you provided, I see 2 options;
    1: The Zip file, Green button, when I extract this it opens with 8 files, but how do I run this
    2: There is a link to side of the green button which is an address which opens as a DSOne.exe.
    I'm not sure what to do, can you please advise, Thanks

agh55, download “win10-10.0.3.456-whql.zip” (highlighted in green) this is the exact link: Download driverAR5B93 / 10.0.3.456 you have to install this file through “Device Manager” and do what “GAMING6698” has written.

• agh55

Tinkerer

hi and thanks, successful download