Acer aspire E15 wont turn on with battery.

Options
Russoak
Russoak Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I have a Acer aspire E15 E5-576G-5762 and it won't turn on unless its plugged in. I have tried doing the static reset and holding the tiny pin hole button for 30 seconds. I also replaced the battery with a good working full charged battery and it still wont start without it plugged in. Why isnt the laptop pulling power from the battery?

Answers

• Russoak
    Russoak Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I feel like I should add more detail to what I did so here it is. I Pulled the battery out and held the power button down for a couple minutes and than just plugged the charger in and started it up. Than turned it off and tried putting my original battery back in and it still wouldn't start off the battery I also put in a new battery same model and everything still wouldn't start off the battery had to plug the AC back in both times. I also tried to hold the pin hole button for a couple minutes still nothing.

Another thing is that i tried troubleshooting stuff my pulling stuff out one by one starting with the memory all the way to the screen display and still nothing.

Also as soon as I pull out the AC with the battery still in it just shuts off. Lastly the computer does detect that there is a battery in the computer shows the icon and everything also starts charging it but pretty slow No matter what battery I use.

I was told by my brother that it could be some kind of setting in the BIOS that's stopping the laptop from drawing battery power?

I'm open to anything! Thanks! :D
  • Armia
    Armia Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Is your laptop working now? We have the same problem.