Acer TC-885 Cpu fan problems

Hi, I have a problem with my acer tc885, the processor fan of my I5 8400 in iddle is always off (Months ago I don’t think it did). To activate the fan, the processor must reach 90-95 degrees celsius and then stabilize the fan.
If I go back in iddle after a while it will turn off.
How do I fix this?
Sorry for my bad english

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear AlexIvan456,

The temperature is not far from a forced shutdown. Maybe you can buy a software that controls fan speed (such as Argus Monitor).
    I think replacing the CPU fan is a better choice. Just find the CPU fan for the TC-885  ( LGA 1151 socket ).

Your English is good. No problems in communicating .
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    IIRC in the BIOS; Advanced; PC Health Status there's an option to toggle smart fan...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlexIvan456
    AlexIvan456 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    IIRC in the BIOS; Advanced; PC Health Status there's an option to toggle smart fan...
    I have already tried without results
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    Dear AlexIvan456,

The temperature is not far from a forced shutdown. Maybe you can buy a software that controls fan speed (such as Argus Monitor).
    I think replacing the CPU fan is a better choice. Just find the CPU fan for the TC-885  ( LGA 1151 socket ).

After a few tests with Argus I came to the conclusion that I can set the fan laps only after it is already started alone after reaching 90 degrees celsius, before reaching them I can not change anything
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    Dear AlexIvan456,

After a few tests with Argus I came to the conclusion that I can set the fan laps only after it is already started alone after reaching 90 degrees celsius, before reaching them I can not change anything
    If the PC goes back to iddle I have to wait for the fans to start by itself to be able to control the RPM
  • ttttt
    Dear AlexIvan456,

Have you tried all three options (BIOS Controlled,Manual Control and Software Control) of the drop down menu under the Mainboard  Tab with the Argus Monitor software? 

If you tried all and the problem persist, I think replacing the CPU fan is the best option.

• AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    Dear AlexIvan456,

Have you tried all three options (BIOS Controlled,Manual Control and Software Control) of the drop down menu under the Mainboard  Tab with the Argus Monitor software? 

If you tried all and the problem persist, I think replacing the CPU fan is the best option.

Do you think the Artic LP11 will be compatible with the motherboard?
  • ttttt
    @AlexIvan456

You haven't answered whether you tried all three options of the software? 

Do you mean Artic Freeze LP11 ? If so, it seemed to fall into the "Generic" CPU cooler category. 
    It will be compatible but will need more works to install, probably a couple hours or so.

Go to read page two under the topic  : "Acer Aspire ATC-705-UC52 CPU Cooler Upgrade"
    I have mentioned the difference between "Generic" and "Specific" CPU cooler there,
    or read some other "CPU Cooler" related topics for more information.

Note: Be prepared to have some thermal paste ready if the CPU cooler doesn't come with thermal paste.
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @AlexIvan456

You haven't answered whether you tried all three options of the software? 

Do you mean Artic Freeze LP11 ? If so, it seemed to fall into the "Generic" CPU cooler category. 
    It will be compatible but will need more works to install, probably a couple hours or so.

Go to read page two under the topic  : "Acer Aspire ATC-705-UC52 CPU Cooler Upgrade"
    I have mentioned the difference between "Generic" and "Specific" CPU cooler there,
    or read some other "CPU Cooler" related topics for more information.

Note: Be prepared to have some thermal paste ready if the CPU cooler doesn't come with thermal paste.
    I tried every options in Argus but notghing...
    Do you think these muzzles on the motherboard will be problematic for the installation?
  • ttttt
    @AlexIvan456

I'll suggest to use a CPU cooler specifically for LGA 1151 type of sockets, not the kind good for both AMD and Intel processors.

Don't see anything  problematic there.
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @AlexIvan456

I'll suggest to use a CPU cooler specifically for LGA 1151 type of sockets, not the kind good for both AMD and Intel processors.

Don't see anything  problematic there.
    Yes the heat sink (Artic Freezer LP11) is compatible with the socket LGA 1151, the thing that worried me is that the motherboard acer does not have the classic holes but the muzzles raised.
    Thanks for the multiple answers you’re very helpful and very kind
  • ttttt
    @AlexIvan456

I  have no doubt that the Artic Freeze LP11 will be compatible with LGA 1151 socket, but the simplest way to replace a CPU fan is to find one that perfectly fit the old CPU fan socket. That way, the process is just a few minute's job.

Let me know how you replace it.
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @AlexIvan456

I  have no doubt that the Artic Freeze LP11 will be compatible with LGA 1151 socket, but the simplest way to replace a CPU fan is to find one that perfectly fit the old CPU fan socket. That way, the process is just a few minute's job.

Let me know how you replace it.
    I have no idea when I will change it because it is a secondary computer, when I do I will update you, thank you very much
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

Updates:
    Solved changing only the fan from the heatsink,next summer i will change also the thermal paste .
    Now reach maximum 60-70 degrees in full load 
  • ttttt
    @AlexIvan456,
    Congratulations on your success!  Just wonder why don't change the thermal paste at the same time?
  • AlexIvan456

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @AlexIvan456,
    Congratulations on your success!  Just wonder why don't change the thermal paste at the same time?
    Because the temperature are ok, at the moment i prefer to invest money in an extra ram stick
  • lubu
    lubu Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Updates:
    Solved changing only the fan from the heatsink,next summer i will change also the thermal paste .
    Now reach maximum 60-70 degrees in full load 

Hi,  What kind of fan you have replaced?? Could you send the brand and model? where you buy it?
    The CPU Fan noise is killing me....I am using XC-885...  I can't believe how can Acer release this product to market without fully test

It is 100% a defect product on the fan......  The heatsink without copper core is also a design defect.....

Thank you very much :-)
  • ttttt
    @lubu

Since you have a XC-885, it has Intel CPU with socket 1151, I believe ( my TC-885 has that). 

My suggestion is to get the CPU fan for Intel only with that type having four thumb screws (don't get that type which is generic, good for both Intel and AMD CPUs).
    Using the generic type CPU fan and heat sinks usually will involve unseating the motherboard, and the efforts will be more than building a new PC, hardware wise.

Installing the Intel socket 1151 CPU fan and repasting will be only a 5-25 minute job.
  • lubu
    lubu Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited September 2021
    ttttt said:
    @lubu

Since you have a XC-885, it has Intel CPU with socket 1151, I believe ( my TC-885 has that). 

My suggestion is to get the CPU fan for Intel only with that type having four thumb screws (don't get that type which is generic, good for both Intel and AMD CPUs).
    Using the generic type CPU fan and heat sinks usually will involve unseating the motherboard, and the efforts will be more than building a new PC, hardware wise.

Installing the Intel socket 1151 CPU fan and repasting will be only a 5-25 minute job.

Thanks for reply
    I solved the problem by replaced the heatsink and CPU fan today

The stock CPU Fan is just worth USD2 coolermaster fan....... I can't hardly believe it
    The heatsink without copper core....

All those high temp and cpu noise issue can solve, just replace the CPU stock fan and heatsink..........