Stuck on Acer Logo

Billy1234
Billy1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop, it’s stuck on the Acer logo when powered and nothing else happens. A further problem is that Alt +F10 doesn’t work, nor does switching off 3+ times to access recovery. I.e. recovery won’t load. F2/BIOS works just fine though. Any ideas? Many thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled and saved in the BIOS Main tab. Then shut the machine off by pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds. Then remove the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom cover for about 30 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Then plug the charger back in. Then turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Billy1234
    Billy1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately that didn’t help, looks like it might be time to get a new laptop. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Is the D2D option enabled? If yes, try the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset again. It sometimes requires two or three tries to kick in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Eugen4
    Eugen4 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

I have the same problem, this happened after laptop went into sleep mode... tried all kind of fixes and resets... paperclip to battery, ALT+F10, POWER down for minutes...