Disabling RST on Acer Aspire 3 A315-54K

ulca01
ulca01 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi there,

I recently got an Acer Aspire 3, specifically A315-54K, and I want to install Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.1) on it. But, during install I get the complain that RST is enabled and that I should disable it. I have installed all the latest drivers in Windows 10, upgraded the BIOS to the latest version I could find (v. 1.10). I have tried disabling and enabling fastboot and secureboot, I have tried pushing CTRL+S to getting the secret menu to change RST to ACHI, but to no avail.
Does any one here have a possible solution, or will I have to accept using Windows for the time being? Also, is there any sort of news or rumors that future versions of Linux (specifically the kernel) to be able to support RST?

Any sort of help will greatly appriciated.

Thread was edited to add model number to the title

Answers

• MadiDol
    MadiDol Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

same problem!!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MadiDol and Ulca01

Personally I do not like Ubuntu in Gnome environment. Since I have seen so many people complaining that they cannot install Ubuntu in RST mode, I may try to install an Ubuntustudio to my TC-885 under RST mode in a few days for testing purpose. Is it only the problem with version 20.04 ? The latest version is now 21.04.

By the ways, have you guys tried Linuxmint 20.2 with RST mode? I think Linux Mint can be used in RST and AHCI mode now, need to verify it again next time I use an older version of Mint.