Is power supply on Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11 really 500 W?

Trader1963
Trader1963 Member Posts: 1 New User
Currently there's a nice special for an Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11 at Best Buy in Canada. Looking at the specs I see the power supply is 500 W which is great if one decides to upgrade by adding a video card without needing to change the power supply. Could anyone confirm that the 500 W listed spec is true?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    I don't yet have a full break down on the various SKUs yet, but the TC-895 model line ships with either 180W, 300W or 500W power supplies. Since the TC-895-EB11 doesn't have a discrete graphics card I'd be really surprised if it shipped with the 500W supply. They typically ship with just what's needed for the stock configuration, plus full memory slots and drive bays. Although I have been known to be wrong before... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BigToeJoe
    BigToeJoe Member Posts: 1 New User
    The model I linked to below seems to have the same specs as the one at Best Buy. It's specs state a 300w PSU. The Best Buy model is likely an 'exclusive' to Best Buy but is likely the same model physically. 
     https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.BF2AA.002
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Trader1963,

I think it is a better idea to confirm with the salesperson with Bestbuy before you make the purchase. Ask for a detailed description from them.
  • Kotkoj
    Kotkoj Member Posts: 1 New User
    I purchased 1 of these and yes it has a 500w power supply. It also has 2 6 plug adapters 1 can be an 8 plug. I added a video card no problem. 
  • Kendo13
    Kendo13 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I can confirm it has a 500w power supply. I took the cover off and saw the specs on the sticker. I just purchased one a few days ago from best buy (sale ends today!). I'm very happy with it