wireless keyboard and mouse won't connect

digletts_revenge
digletts_revenge Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that won't connect anymore. When I plug in the usb adapter, it makes a "connect" sound and then shortly after makes "disconnect" sound. I've submitted a support ticket to Acer but they tell me I need to supply an Acer computer serial number, but I don't have one. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot it or get a replacement? Thanks

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    edited August 2020
    @digletts_revenge

If you're experiencing mouse lockups or failures, it may be because your computer is automatically turning off the power to a USB Root Hub.

1. Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.

2. In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."

3. In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab.

4. "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."

If this does not work, do the same for the USB Input Device - uncheck the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

For keyboard-

1. Click to expand the Keyboard section.
      Keyboard keeps disconnecting  reconnecting
    2. Right-click on “HID Keyboard Device” and select “Properties”.
      Keyboard keeps disconnecting  reconnecting
    3. In the Properties window, click the Power Management
    4. Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power” option.
    5. Click OK to save the changes.
    6. Disconnect your keyboard and plug it back in. Check for any improvements.

Btw, To find serial number you download and open care centre from Microsoft store

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • digletts_revenge
    digletts_revenge Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2020
    @GAMING6698

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but still not working. It makes the connect sound upon plugging in and popup says configuring USB device but then after that just the disconnect sound over and over. Let me know of any other ideas otherwise I suppose I'll recycle the set.

About Acer serial #, I no longer have the Acer computer anymore, just this peripheral.