BIOS Update - acer TC-280

Banballow
Banballow Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Does anyone know, where I can Find, UPDATED BIOS for a acer TC-280 Desktop PC?
Thanks

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Banballow said:
    Does anyone know, where I can Find, UPDATED BIOS for a acer TC-280 Desktop PC?
    Thanks

This is the latest bios update or really the only bios update for the Acer Aspire TC-280 desktop. I don't know what bios version you have? But, this is the: Version: P11-A4 Date: 020/01/25 from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6834?b=1 be careful when updating bios in the Acer Aspire TC-280 as you really have to know which method to update the bios with, if you don’t know what you are doing get Acer Service to flash this bios for you or an experienced technician do it for you!

As there are 3 methods of flashing the Version: P11-A4 bios

1. DOS Flash Utility SOP v1.2 or

2. EFI Flash SOP(x64) v1.2 or

3. Win Flash Utility SOP v1.2

Note: “Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution” as I don’t take any responsibility of how you flash your bios and if you flash your bios incorrectly!

• minDilanim
    minDilanim Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I did fall for this, and I think Acer officials are responsible. The BIOS I have on the computer is P11-A4 from 2016, but the one on Acer system is from 2020, and I did not know it is actually the same as the 2016. You see when you extract the file the date of the file will change, so you can not see that the file are the same from 2016.

Now I have this issue with my BIOS and not sure how to fix it. My computer wake up from sleep to this crashed BIOS Recovery screen and nothing works, so I have to power off to get the PC back. When it is starting again, no network connection is working, and I have to do a restart to get everything working. I have to keep the computer running and not going to sleep mode.

This is from Acer Website for TC-280

This is the error I get

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Again you have camped out on an old thread... Please do as I suggest in the other and start a thread specifically for your problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MichelleB136
    MichelleB136 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi minDilanim, we also fell for this fake BIOS update file! My husband downloaded this one and tried to update, and it went through all the motions, but when all done the BIOS still showed a version of 2.16.1240 with the same build date of 04/26/2016. The BIOS file on Acer's site for the TC-280 is NOT an update at all! Still looking for a solution.