Horizontal lines on screen when playing games

Options
Shubhamsharma
Shubhamsharma Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an acer aspire E5 574G..
When I play games,i see some horizontal lines on my screen (couple of black and sometimes red colored lines).Which keep on increasing if I keep playing,and when I close the game the lines still appear when browsing..These lines appears even if I restart my computer. But it get fixed if I don't use my laptop for 1-2hours but they come back after I open a game(in 3-4minutes of gameplay)..I dont know what's wrong..

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,508 Pathfinder
    Options

There are a lot of reasons why there are horizontal or vertical lines on the computer screen display in

The horizontal or vertical lines on the computer screen could be caused by various issues, ranging from outdated graphics card drivers, incorrect video cable connections to defective ribbon cables. You could enter in bios to determine whether it is a software-related or hardware-related problem.

Because BIOS is not a part of the Windows 10 operating system, if you still see horizontal or vertical lines on the computer screen, it indicates that it is software-related. If you see no horizontal or vertical lines on your computer display in Windows 10, it tells that it is related to the hardware.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Shubhamsharma

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    Options

There are a lot of reasons why there are horizontal or vertical lines on the computer screen display in

The horizontal or vertical lines on the computer screen could be caused by various issues, ranging from outdated graphics card drivers, incorrect video cable connections to defective ribbon cables. You could enter in bios to determine whether it is a software-related or hardware-related problem.

Because BIOS is not a part of the Windows 10 operating system, if you still see horizontal or vertical lines on the computer screen, it indicates that it is software-related. If you see no horizontal or vertical lines on your computer display in Windows 10, it tells that it is related to the hardware.

I can see those line in bios settings too(But they are not as much as when exploring windows)..The thing that I cant understand is that why this problem gets fixed automatically after couple of hours. But after 5minutes of gameplay same problem come back :( . I think this problem is related to GPU overheating. 
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,508 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Shubhamsharma
    Are you still under warranty?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Shubhamsharma

Tinkerer