Win 10 Basic S/N

NewLifestyleMentor
NewLifestyleMentor Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I recently attempted to upgrade my Windows 10 license from Basic to Enterprise, and the S/N upgrade failed.  Unfortunately, now my current product key is invalid (as it is still trying to use the Enterprise key).

I need to get the S/N that came with my laptop (which is currently almost 2 years old).  Can somebody from Support give me a hand here?  Please leave me a PM.

Comments

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 697 Moderator
    I recently attempted to upgrade my Windows 10 license from Basic to Enterprise, and the S/N upgrade failed.  Unfortunately, now my current product key is invalid (as it is still trying to use the Enterprise key).

I need to get the S/N that came with my laptop (which is currently almost 2 years old).  Can somebody from Support give me a hand here?  Please leave me a PM.
    you can try the settings from this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028407/windows-10-activate#:~:text=To%20activate%20Windows%2010%2C%20you,10%20should%20be%20activated%20automatically.
  • NewLifestyleMentor
    edited August 2020
    I used a Windows 10 Enterprise key to attempt an upgrade, and the upgrade failed.  Now it is telling me that I need to activate my Windows license key.  I need the original OEM license key that was entered into my laptop (to restore my previous license) when I purchased it almost 2 years ago.
  • Samuel-Acer
    I used a Windows 10 Enterprise key to attempt an upgrade, and the upgrade failed.  Now it is telling me that I need to activate my Windows license key.  I need the original OEM license key that was entered into my laptop (to restore my previous license) when I purchased it almost 2 years ago.
    If the windows 10 enterprise upgrade failed then the original OEM might be corrupted also. If you have created a OS recovery drive from acer care center. you can use it to reload the OS and the license key will get activated automatically.

If you have not created OS recovery drive then i would suggest you to contact your local acer support for help. 

Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Update product key > Activation or Change product key 

OR

• NewLifestyleMentor
    I know how to change my license key.  I'm just asking for the original OEM license key so I can restore my license.
  • NewLifestyleMentor
    edited August 2020
    Samuel, taking it to local Acer support is not possible for me, as I live a significant distance from the nearest city.  Please supply me with the original OEM license key so I can attempt to restore my license.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel, taking it to local Acer support is not possible for me, as I live a significant distance from the nearest city.  Please supply me with the original OEM license key so I can attempt to restore my license.
    Please understand Acer community is a peer to peer support and we do not store OEM license keys. 

We suggest you to contact your local acer support for help 

Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact
  • NewLifestyleMentor
    I don't have a "local" Acer support.  I live 2 hours from the closest city, and just cannot send my laptop in the mail to get serviced.  Is there a phone number for Acer Technical Support that I can call?
  • Samuel-Acer
    I don't have a "local" Acer support.  I live 2 hours from the closest city, and just cannot send my laptop in the mail to get serviced.  Is there a phone number for Acer Technical Support that I can call?
    Hi here is the phone number for Acer support: 1-866-695-2237

You may also contact Acer store to purchase a recovery media to restore the operating system with OEM licensed key (remember product key is already embedded in the BIOS). Reinstalling the original OS will detect the PD key and activate your operating system. 

Here is the number for Acer store 

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel