ACER SW5-173 CMOS problem

Options
krosse
krosse Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I have a SW5-173 which loses clock and cmos settings after poweroff. I think this will be the CMOS battery and i would lke to replace this. However after opening the system i cannot find anthing looking like a CMOS battery. Any help in finding this???

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe the key is that the CMOS battery is on the other side of the motherboard...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • krosse
    krosse Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Egydiocoelho, Billsey,
    Thank you both for your fast answer. I could not find it but as billsey noted it might be at the back of the mainboard. Can you please confirm?
    Also can you show me how to remove the mainboard as it looks like the heatsink is below the battery which in it's turn seems to be glued to the panel.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not disassemble it for your specific model. But I think this video can help you:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)