Has the Acer Aspire E5-576-392H Black Screen/Sleep/Screen Timeout issue been figured out yet?

Options
2»

Answers

• Dymze
    Dymze Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have an E5-576G-5762 that was doing the same thing.  Last night I changed my power plan from Balanced to High performance and it seems to be working OK now.  
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,691 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thanks for report. Worth a try if not tried already. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dymze
    Options
    It was working fine until I reinstalled Acer Quick Access.  I just removed it again and so far it seems OK.  I had uninstalled it because there were references to it in Event Viewer making changes to the power plan.  They would be one of the last entries before I would have to do a hard reboot to get it working again.  After I put it back on the last entry in Event Viewer before I had to to a hard boot is that the Quick Access Service was installed. 

• JackE
    Options
    Was it the latest version? QA usually doesn't cause issues like this. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dymze
    Options
    The version I reinstalled was 2.01.3028, I can't say for certain which version I uninstalled the first time.
  • JackE
    Options
    Good observation. You really don't need QA. But it'd be interesting to see if re-downloading and trying the latest version again still causes the problem. Make sure system protection is turned on in ControlPanel's restore point app just in case. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kevinnivek
    Kevinnivek Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options
    Well. I reset windows, problem still persists. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Well. I reset windows, problem still persists. >>>

Yes, but did an update sneak in there while you weren't looking? Did you have wifi turned off immediately after reset? Did you enable system protection immediately after reset?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kevinnivek

Tinkerer

Options
    Not sure, No, and Yes
  • Kevinnivek

Tinkerer

Options
    No, it doesn't appear anything besides the update today was updated. No (downloaded from the cloud), and Yes system protection was enabled after the reset. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>No (downloaded from the cloud),>>>

What do you mean by this? An ALT+F10 cold boot ACER factory reset doesn't require being connected? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kevinnivek

Tinkerer

Options
    I did a reset that reinstalled windows by re-downloading it through the cloud option. 
  • JackE
    Options
    That doesn't sound like the ACER-flavored Win10 factory-installed version.  More like a generic version from Microsoft, not a model specific version from ACER. Perhaps this relates to the sleep issues? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kevinnivek

Tinkerer

Options
    It was my assumption from recommendations that "reset this pc" in the recovery settings would achieve the same result 
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, not from any ACER download option that I'm aware of. The ALT+F10 cold boot option loads the OEM ACER-flavored Win10 version from a hidden ACER recovery partition on the machine's HDD that is specific to the machine's serial number id (SNID). Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kevinnivek

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh. Ok I used the reset option featured in the system settings. Which after choosing whether to keep files or not prompted this Are they not the same?
  • JackE
    Options
    Nope. Try the ALT+F10 cold boot method and see what you get. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kay_Shelton
    Kay_Shelton Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm seeing the same situation and I've already done the reset from the internal OEM ACER-flavored Win10 version.  As long as I don't let it go into sleep or hibernate mode, it stays up.  I can even lock the screen and it'll work; I just can't let it sleep or hibernate.  Since the last post on this is from August, has anything been done to correct it?

• growthmentor
    growthmentor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    1. uninstall the graphics driver. 2. disable display driver in device manager. 3. install intel driver support assistant, upon launching the intel driver support assistant, on the browser, install the graphics driver give as such "
    Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Drivers". It solved my long lived problem.