Aspire A315-21G Windows 10 problem

Alex3110
Alex3110 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, want to install windows 10 on an Aspire A315-21G but, an error gets on the screen after I boot from the usb flash drive.
Right now the disk are formatted. So there is no OS on the laptop. 
Error Code 0xc0000225
File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,806 Trailblazer
    Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F12 key. A menu should appear to allow you to boot from the USB installation drive to reinstall Win10.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex3110
    That's how I got there
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,618 Trailblazer
    Have a look at Microsofts "Troubleshoot Windows Boot Manager error - 0xC0000225 "Status not found" here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/troubleshooting/boot-error-status-not-found to solve your problem. 
  • JackE
    >>>That's how I got there >>>

If you can, please post a phone shot of the F12 menu? I think your USB stick is being ignored. If you still get the same winload error message, you may have to disable secure boot by setting and saving a BIOS supervisor password, then re-entering the BIOS with the password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex3110
    The USB drive appears to be in the menu, but after I select it, the windows logo appears with no loading circle, and then comes the error. 
    I tried disabling secure boot, but ONLY by activating UEFI. And when I tried UEFI, it says that cannot install on a MBR partition.
    Thanks ! 
  • Alex3110
    When installing from the desktop, it goes through all the setup process and at the end it boots into windows 8.1 and says that couldn't install windows 10. 
  • JackE
    >>>And when I tried UEFI, it says that cannot install on a MBR partition.>>>

The BIOS must be in UEFI mode and the HDD must be GPT partitioned, NOT MBR partitioned!!! Who partitioned this HDD this way? It must be converted from MBR to GPT partitioned by booting to the USB installation and clicking on the troubleshooting/advanced option. We must get to the X : \>  command prompt from the USB stick. Can you get to this X : \> command prompt? Then we can go from there using the DiskPart utility. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex3110
    It has been like this since I bought it :)). It worked well on win 7 and 8.1, but not 10.
    I bought it with Linux installed. So that's what caussing the error?
    Have to find another laptop/pc, because can't get to operate on it by any means... And create a bootable usb with 8.1, cuz it's booting... Or maybe the windows 10 installation on the usb is not good.. 
  • JackE
    Win7 explains why the HDD was MBR partitioned and the BIOS was in legacy mode. You can still install Win10 on this machine leaving the HDD MBR and Legacy BIOS this way but not with the USB Win10 installation drive that you have now. This was probably prepared from Microsoft's media creation tool for a UEFI BIOS. The Win10 installation USB drive must be prepared for Legacy BIOS using Rufus freeware from a Win10 iso. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex3110
    How to do that? It was MBR for BIOS or UEFI ( non CSM ) and NTFS
  • JackE
    The USB installation drive must be FAT32 format, not NTFS. Use the Rufus FAT32 default when preparing the USB drive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex3110
    Thank you very much matey  !!!!