How to add extra hhd to a Predetor Orion 3000

Neverpeep
Neverpeep Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
hey
ive just recently (1 week ago) got the Predetor Orion 3000 pc but it had only 500-ish gb hdd on it and since ive almost used all of it already i decided to add my old 1tb hdd from my old pc. Well ive heard its better to just buy new one instead but i really need to use it for now. Im still very new at switching components and im having alot of trouble trying to install this hard drive, i get that you use the sata data cable to plug it in the motherboard and the other small end to the hdd, but i literally have no idea where to plug the sata power cable from my hdd to the power supply. Ive watched multiple videos on how to do it but none of them match my pc. Am i supposed to open the power supply and plug the cable there? Like i said im very new at this and really need help. Also im only 17 so please go easy on me :)
Thanks! 

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    You should have several SATA power connectors in the same wire harness and even two wire harness from the power supply. You don't need to open the power supply.
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    You should have several SATA power connectors in the same wire harness and even two wire harness from the power supply. You don't need to open the power supply.
    France