G3-710 won't turn on

Options
Boomer89
Boomer89 Member Posts: 2 New User
My Predator G3-710 won't turn on. Doesn't light up, fans don't start spinning, absolutely nothing happens when I press the power button.
I already tested the PSU in another computer and it's fine.
It's starting to look like the motherboard is fried. Any way to make sure this is the case? And if so, what next? I have a spare computer but I'm not sure if the motherboards and parts are compatible with each other.

Answers

• Boomer89
    Boomer89 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Tested power button with a multimeter, works just fine.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    If the PSU and power switch are both good then the only other thing in that power up circuit is the MB. You can check to see how much of the MB is actign up by using a jumper between the start pins on the motherboard power connector, bypassing the startup circuit. If you do that you should at least get fans spinning because the PSU will come on line. If everything boots up normally then we only need to look at what's between the power button connection on the MB and the power connector on the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • myFanus
    myFanus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Don't know if I can still comment on this post, but I have the same problem as Boomer89. I'm interested in knowing what pins on the motherboard power connector I can bridge to test if the PC starts up. I bought a new PSU, but the PC still don't start. If anyone know where I can get a circuit diagram for the power, that would be great.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    You don't jumper the motherboard, you jumper the pins on the power connector from the power supply. Google test ATX PSU and you should hits like that one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.