Why is my webcamera not working? It shows <NoCamerasAreAttached> on my A315-41

Options
VintageBanish
VintageBanish Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
When I first bought this laptop last December 2019, the webcam was working until around February when I tried to open it and it wasn't working. There were some windows update that I'm not sure if it was the cause of this. I've tried almost all suggestions that I found and nothing worked. I can't find the driver in device manager or on the control panel. There's also no webcam driver when I search it in the Acer site. I've tried downloading other acer webcam drivers but it still hasn't worked. Please help me.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Google pc.rar endoscope. Download, unzip and run the rar file to see if this software detects the camera. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• VintageBanish
    Options
    Where can I find that? Can't seem to find a zip file in google that looks reliable.

JackE said:
    Google pc.rar endoscope. Download, unzip and run the rar file to see if this software detects the camera. Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

Search for pc.rar in above Amazon endoscope link. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• VintageBanish
    Options
    It doesn't show anything.

JackE said:

• JackE
    Options
    What browser are you using? Do you mean the Amazon link and webpage doesn't show anything at all? Not even an image of the endoscope that's currently unavailable. Does your browser have a 'find' or 'search' function under edit tab? If it does, simply enter 'pc.rar' on the Amazon endoscope webpage. The download link should be listed under product description. You might have to type the link in your browser's web address box. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• VintageBanish
    Options
    No, I mean that I was able to download pc.rar already and when it installed, it didn't detect anything. It showed a blank space when I clicked the webcam. 
  • JackE
    Options
    That means either the LCD/cam ribbon cable needs to be reseated at its mainboard/screen/camera connectors or replaced due to broken traces in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. They're not too expensive by googling the part number for vendors but laptop must be disassembled to access. You can also google a315-41 disassembly for videos on doing the job. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ