Aspire 5 A515-54QN Gets considerably slower when charging

Cabirto
Cabirto Member Posts: 3 New User
Hey there,
I have an Acer 5 A515-54-55QN. The performances considerably drop when the battery is charging and low. In addition to the Windows version given with the laptop, I tried to boot with Linux distributions (Mint and Ubuntu) and the problem is there as well.

The users who asked questions already performed tests to check the temperature, increase the charger's power and reset the battery. Nothing worked.

Another symptom is that the computer cannot go to sleep twice. The first time it is ok, but the second, it can't wake from sleep.

Best,
Cabirto

Answers

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    most likely, is a bios bug. was this behavior constant along its lifetime or came up lately?
    also, did you installed the drivers manually or by windows update?

some setting can influence the machine even when you run other os, like linux.
    i remember about a hp laptop...it has a battery charging limit tool. if i have made some setting on windows, got the same on linux.

• Cabirto
    Cabirto Member Posts: 3 New User
    First of all, thank you for the answer and sorry for the delay, I didn't see your answer.
    I agree that a BIOS bug seems likely to me, as other people also reported the same problem on versions similar to my computer.
    This behaviour was constant over time. All drivers updates were done through Windows update or Acer's maintenance tool. I didn't tweaked power settings on Windows. I don't have any extra battery tool.
  • kawoon
    kawoon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently got an Acer to aspire 5 and it has been fine. the only problem is that when I plug in the charger it gets a lot slower even though it shouldn't be like this, this slows down my computer by a huge margin, and it is very noticeable when playing games. this is a huge setback to my experience and I would be most greatly happy if you suggest a solution. the lag is tremendous and very noticeable. there are times where I will not have this issue but it is very unoften.