SSD fitting - Predator Orion 5000 PO5-600 i7

Options
Burchy1964
Burchy1964 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Predator Desktops
I recently bought a Predator Orion 5000  PO5-600 i7 and want to fit an ssd internal drive to the front tray, whats the best make size and capacity also fitting instructions or is it just plug and  play so to speak

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,500 Pathfinder
    Options

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • Burchy1964

Tinkerer

Options
    the bay is 2 3/4 wide x 4 inch so I think it is already for a 2 1/2 SSD. Just need to know what make etc to buy to fit it as I assume it just plugs in
  • IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,500 Pathfinder
    Options

For your CPU, you can place any SSD, no matter what brand, if you need to know a good time for some samsung, its memory chips are the best on the market.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    If you don't already have a SSD, the onboard M.2 slot supports an NVMe drive, which would be much faster than using one of the front drive bays with a SATA SSD. If you already have the NMVe drive then as @IVAN_PC says you'll want an adapter. The drive bays are designed for 3.5" HDDs so a 2.5" will be a bit sloppy.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • statto123
    statto123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this desktop, on the front of the case there is a 2.5" bay underneath the CD/DVD tray, would I be right in assuming that any 2.5"SSD would go in there? I think that is what burchy1964 was originally asking as he mentions the front tray
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, any SATA drive will work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Burchy1964

Tinkerer

Options
    I eventually sorted it out got a Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA 2.5 and slotted straight in works a treat