Best way to connect multiple monitors to a Triton 500?

Charlesthefox
Charlesthefox Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Wanting to do some work with multiple monitors and know that you gamers do this all of the time. What is the best way to connect multiple monitors at high frequency? I know that there is a mini DP, HDMI, Tunderbolt, and of course, USB ports. What are you all using to connect multiple monitors?

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In this case, the issue is more complex since it depends on several factors:
    The native support of the connection, the GPU technology, the native support of the monitors, the type of access to the screens (extended, duplicated, etc.)
    So you must first investigate all these issues.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good afternoon Charlesthefox !

The best, most assertive and functional way would be a dock, like the Dell 6000, already tested and proven by several users:

httpsidellcomisimageDellContentcontentdamglobal-site-designproduct_imagesperipheralsexpansiondelldocks_and_standsd6000herodell-universal-dock-d6000-hero-504x350jpgfmtpng-alpha

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-universal-dock-d6000/apd/452-bcyt/pc-accessories

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Charlesthefox

Tinkerer

Good afternoon, MaClane! Thank you for the answer. Does it do the 144hz work on multiple monitors?
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    In this case, the issue is more complex since it depends on several factors:
    The native support of the connection, the GPU technology, the native support of the monitors, the type of access to the screens (extended, duplicated, etc.)
    So you must first investigate all these issues.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Charlesthefox

Tinkerer

MaClane, any knowledge for 4 monitor setups? The 2060 should be capable if the ports are.
  • MaClane
    Unfortunately, it depends on all these factors that I have informed you about.
    That is ... only taking risks and testing.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™