Who can I contact to lodge a complaint about Answers By extended warranty service?

Options
MGCW
MGCW Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My 80 year old mother (who has ZERO computer skills) contacted Acer customer service because she was having a problem with her 3-4 year old Chromebook. She was sent to Answers By who convinced her she HAD to have a 299.98 dollar extended warranty in order to get ANY help from them (FYI - her chromebook originally cost around $299). Two different tech guys talked to her and were of NO help at all. My sister called her and the two of them were able to figure out the issue and correct it. She told my sister about the warranty charge and I called Answers By to cancel the warranty. They said they would call back but didn't, and after I called them a few times asking them to call ME back, they called my mother back instead and used hard sell tactics on this little old lady for 45 minutes scaring her and telling her she had two options, keep the warranty for $199 or she could cancel it, but they would still charge her $100 for the useless help they gave her. THIS IS JUST WRONG!!!! Companies that use hard sell tactics on the elderly should not be in business. Acer should not be dealing with a company like this. It has turned me off to buying any Acer product in the future.

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi MGCW,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    We want to clarify you that Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service or sales (store), Acer employees (moderators) read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some will interact with members when appropriate, but primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

We recommend you to please contact AnswersBy technical support or visit the website https://answersby.com/ for better assistance.

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Erick
This discussion has been closed.