Dead GPU Fan ( PH315-52)

ScreaMLoad
ScreaMLoad Member Posts: 1 New User
My acer predator model ( PH315-52) was making a weired noise lately. When I checked, the GPU fan was fully dead and wasmwas a crackling noise. I can't play nor use it without the fan as it can cause seivere damage to my GPU. Please suggest me something. My GPU fan was Aeroblade.

Comments

• GriffinTaimer
    GriffinTaimer Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the exact same problem and I am yet to find a solution for it. Did you manage to get a replacement fan?
  • Impervious
    Impervious Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    My acer predator model ( PH315-52) was making a weired noise lately. When I checked, the GPU fan was fully dead and wasmwas a crackling noise. I can't play nor use it without the fan as it can cause seivere damage to my GPU. Please suggest me something. My GPU fan was Aeroblade.
    ScreaMLoad
    I had the same issue. I think I may be able to help you.
    Is it kind of vibrating/ rattling noise or screeching noise(like metal scratching metal)?
  • Leapingsalmon
    Leapingsalmon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this exact issue, and yes it is making nasty vibrating and rattling noises. Fan speed keeps changing and goes from 200 to 2000+ constantly, even when nothing but desktop is running.

I've tried cleaning out the fans (They are now pristine) and still the same issue. Once i cleaned it, for a few minutes all seemed good and thought i'd fixed the issue, but then noises came back :(

any help would be appreciated