Acer aspire E5-774G help

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aspire E5-774G-52W1 hard drive comes unseated randomly.

Answers

• Coffeeplant77
    Coffeeplant77 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    mikee286 said:

I upgraded my Acer aspire E5-774G-52W1 with a second hard drive for games and file storage.  It already has a m.2 SSD.  My problem is that randomly the hard drive backs out of the sata connector slightly and causes the drive to disappear from windows.  This is how it is set up.  The added HDD is on the left.  Anyone else with this laptop have this issue where the drive falls out of the connector. Is there a solution for this.  I was debating taping it in there.HDD upgradeHDD upgrade

I have the same laptop it was fixed because it randomly stopped working my hard drive is slow as hell doesnt work good and boot time is about 5 coffee breaks my computer is out of warranty and I have done nothing to it so my hard drive has a problem similar to your but not so quite 
  • Coffeeplant77
    Options
    DiDarko said:
    I have acer aspire e5-774G-5363. Pls, help me. What type of m2 ssd i can use. Sorry for my bad English.
    That's not the m.2 slot 
  • Coffeeplant77
    Options
    DiDarko said:
    I have acer aspire e5-774G-5363. Pls, help me. What type of m2 ssd i can use. Sorry for my bad English.
    Ignore my other comment for some reason I thought the yellow tape was you highlighting the m.2 slot lol it's just a regular m.2 ssd to get simple 
  • cuvtixo
    cuvtixo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    Options
    Actually. the original drive is M.2 SSD, but it is not specifically made for an NVMe SSD. It will run faster with an NVMe, because the CPU supports it, but it will likely not run as fast as it might with an M.2 slot built for NVMe. You may notice the original drive has speeds close to SATA SSD speeds. PS I never had a problem with unseated drives.