Aspire E5-774G-52W1 hard drive comes unseated randomly

Options
mikee286
mikee286 Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

I upgraded my Acer aspire E5-774G-52W1 with a second hard drive for games and file storage.  It already has a m.2 SSD.  My problem is that randomly the hard drive backs out of the sata connector slightly and causes the drive to disappear from windows.  This is how it is set up.  The added HDD is on the left.  Anyone else with this laptop have this issue where the drive falls out of the connector. Is there a solution for this.  I was debating taping it in there.HDD upgradeHDD upgrade

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,081 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi mikee286,

To complete the Ironfly's reply:

If you compare both parts, they just add a plastic film so it should be compatible.

FYI some European online shops only sell 42.GDEN7.002 for the E5-575G and E5-774G series.

Remark: Ironfly gave you the right part number (1st in the list). Smiley Wink

France

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

this is the original HDD bracket part number:

42.GDEN7.002

or you can try to hold the HDD with some rubber or sponge.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mikee286
    mikee286 Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I googled the part number and it came back with this.  IT doesn't have quite the same part number but is this the bracket for my laptop part number is 42.GDEN7.SV1

It says not compatible with models other than E5-575G-76YK and E5-575G-53VG but that's what came up when I did a search

https://store.acer.com/en-us/42-gden7-sv1

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the part number code is different and i don't know if it will fit your model too.

maybe you can try to contact them by chat and ask, it's in the top right of the product page.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,081 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi mikee286,

To complete the Ironfly's reply:

If you compare both parts, they just add a plastic film so it should be compatible.

FYI some European online shops only sell 42.GDEN7.002 for the E5-575G and E5-774G series.

Remark: Ironfly gave you the right part number (1st in the list). Smiley Wink

France
  • DiDarko
    DiDarko Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have acer aspire e5-774G-5363. Pls, help me. What type of m2 ssd i can use. Sorry for my bad English.