My keyboard (Aspire A315-41G-R4BW) is not working but it works on google chrome and control panel.

fictions04
fictions04 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
It is how I described it. It does not work on the windows itself such as typing in the start menu like that. I only tried google chrome and control panel. It works there. I'm thinking this a software problem since it works technically. I uninstalled the driver but nothing happened. What should I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,446 Trailblazer
    >>>typing in the start menu>>>

Doesn't sound like anything's wrong with your keyboard. One of the only things that should type in the start menu is by right clicking the start menu icon, then left click search.just like in ControlPanel. At the bottom of the screen you should be able to type something into search box. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fictions04
    fictions04 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Yeah. Sorry I should have specified it. But yes. I can't type on the search. I also can't tye on the settings. I also can't type on the wi-fi. I realized this only happens on the windows system itself. What do you think is the problem?
  • Dickys
    Dickys Member Posts: 2 New User
    Try to reload or upgrade the keyboard driver.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,446 Trailblazer
    >>>What do you think is the problem?>>>

Your keyboard doesn't have a problem!!!!! Your keyboard needs a Windows application like Chrome or ControlPanel in order to use it and type. Yes, Chrome and ControlPanel are Windows applications!!!! You can also use a Windows application like Windows Notepad or Windows Outlook to fully use the keyboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ