Wireless card/driver for PT515-51-71VV question.

Kotorarc
Kotorarc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I have been having some issues with my internet randomly dropping, and during my investigations I saw that Acers site only gives a Killer Wireless drivers, not the basic intel ones for my serial number.  Curious, I decided to look up the particular model number, and it seems that it should come with a Killer Wireless Wifi Card. Yet my computer has only a Killer LAN Ethernet option under the networking device manager tab.  The other option is the basic Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.  I redownloaded the killer control panel, and it only references the the Ethernet option.  I bought the item refurbed from Acer.  Did they replace the wireless driver?  Or am I just dumb?

Thank you very much.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Kotorarc said:
    So I have been having some issues with my internet randomly dropping, and during my investigations I saw that Acers site only gives a Killer Wireless drivers, not the basic intel ones for my serial number.  Curious, I decided to look up the particular model number, and it seems that it should come with a Killer Wireless Wifi Card. Yet my computer has only a Killer LAN Ethernet option under the networking device manager tab.  The other option is the basic Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.  I redownloaded the killer control panel, and it only references the the Ethernet option.  I bought the item refurbed from Acer.  Did they replace the wireless driver?  Or am I just dumb?

Thank you very much.

Show us a caption of your Device Manager > Network adaptors expanded so we can see what is the exact card that you have? Or open the back of the laptop and see the WiFi/BT card that is installed? As it could be that the people that refurbed your PT515-51-71VV put an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card as probably the OEM Killer Wireless-AC 1550i - M.2 Card could have been faulty and they must have had an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 in stock. This should not be of any concern to you as you can purchase (they are pretty cheap) an OEM Killer Wireless-AC 1550i - M.2 Card from Amazon and replace it, the Killer Wireless-AC 1550i is a better card and faster so its up to you? Btw, here are the Intel BT/WiFi drivers from Intel for their Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card here: the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265

Killer Wireless-AC 1550i - M.2 Card

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 - M.2 Card

• Kotorarc
    Kotorarc Member Posts: 2 New User
    I believe this is what you wanted to see?  Thank you for your response.