Acer Swift 5 SF514-54T-5843 Warranty problem

maciej991
maciej991 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi eveyrone , recenlty i've bought  Swift 5 SF514-54T-5843 after 2 months I have noticed a problem with charging port immediately reported to acer service they arranged for me pick up etc few days leater they've emailed me they cannot do anything because i did damage to the port and if i want new main-board it will cost me 726 pounds or i can pay 50 pounds for assesment unrepaired machine including return Acer it's a joke ? you buying premium laptop for 1k or so and service cannot deliver a job even when its under warrantyI didn't forced jack whilst inserting it in it ,any suggestions what can i do in order to get fixed by acer my laptop because 3 weeks past and nothin same story from Indian acer service I can advice you to speak to the guy what he emailed to you about problem ,conversation back and forth

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    If the machine was purchased in the UK, you must set up repair service based on the machine's  serial number id (SNID) at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support
    What ACERservice center did you try to use?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maciej991
    Yes already I did that 17-days ago and I've been told by acer service I have damage to dc port and i have two options whether chnage motherboard for 726£ or pay 50£ for return unrepaired machine + assessment this is absolutely non sense to me and trick by Acer service , let's assume all usb ports will die at once for unknown reasons it will be mine fault i don't think so and again after when i made payment 725£ and after 35 days it might happen again to my mother board so what again i must pay for new main-board becasue Acer giving 3 months warranty for that main-board , no chnace i will pay them

• JackE
    >>>they arranged for me pick up etc few days later>>>

What address did they give you for the pick up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maciej991
    UPS
    Infoteam International Services
    Unit 1, Epic park
    Halesfield 6, Telford
    TF7 4BF
  • JackE
    >>> I have noticed a problem with charging port>>>

What did you notice? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maciej991
    edited August 2020
    Yes i do have noticed micro loose between dc female jack and male jack so I did immediately reported it to the UK Acer Service additinaly I've asked if I can add extra money to make uppgrade up to MX350 but unfortunately they cannot do that below it's PDF attachment + answer to this pdf attachment
    I have got like 5 Mail conversations with Acer Service but seems like nothing going to change.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi upgrading my machine up to mx 350 its too expensive ,what do i want just to fix ( dc power jack /w)  and cost of returning my machine was not mentioned in any email before and not even in acer warranty

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • JackE
    Shipping/handling both ways are usually not covered and probably the reason for the return charge. If it was my machine with only a loose charging jack but otherwise functional, I'd  phone them directly at 0371-760-1000 and try to negotiate a lower return charge of the machine as-is. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• maciej991
    They should mention it before shipment and what if dc power will brake down it will be mine fault? or how do I should use my machine in order to not causing the damage to it 1-Plug in , 2-Plug out as I used it before seriously it's the worst service ever! what is warranty for ?? if you have to pay them amout of new laptop better go for any other product but never Acer don't you think so ?
  • JackE
    Just try to get the machine back as-is at a reduced rate by calling them tomorrow morning. If you're still worried about the jack being too loose, try to schedule an appointment with a good local shop for a quotation if a repair is recommended Terabyte is near to your location and seems to have an excellent reputation for laptop repair. https://www.terabyteelectronics.co.uk/ 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maciej991
    They will call me because I have spoken to one of co-worker in customer service but he seemed not being a professional so i've requested speak to his boss we'll see what will be final solution

• JackE
    Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi maciej991,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Note:  This thread will be now closed. 

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you,
    Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.