Aspire 5740 windows 10 bios update

TomG80
TomG80 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi all, hope someone can help. 

I have an aspire 5740 running on Windows 10. It runs fine and has done for years on windows 10. However it’s not supported on the Acer website so all updates are for pre windows 10 systems and nothing listed for windows 10 it’s on an old bios, listed below

Phoenix technologies Ltd v1.09 26/11/2009

I have seen an updated version on the Acer update site so attempted to download and install it. But it keeps flagging an error ‘MODEL ID Check error !’ I’m assuming this is because the laptop is running windows 10 and the download is for windows 7 I think it was. But there is nothing listed for Windows 10.

any help or advice please anyone? 

Answers

• The Aspire 5740 and the 5740G come up on the Acer 5740 Drivers & Manuals and Acer does list Win-10 /11 (which is very strange as this laptops specs do not meet Win-11) but, they don't have anything except in Documents (1) and Applications (1) as anything on this old Aspire 5740 is not supported anymore and you will have to hunt for this laptops drivers on the web, that is why its always a great idea to download and save all drivers for laptops on a backup drive. Btw, I've got and I'm still using an old Aspire 5750-2414 version and I've got all the drivers backed up for that which is not compatible with your 5740, as tge 5750-2414 is an Insyde type bios and its last version was the 1.21 so its totally different. My suggestion is for you to contact Acer and get all the drivers from their support section or get advice from them.