How do I disable my laptop battery?

Options
Brian_78900
Brian_78900 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys,

I have a Travelmate P249-G2-MG. Bought it in 2019. I just use it for office work and mid-gaming like Dota2 or GTAV. And I have already docked it on my desk because I also have another laptop I bring when I am on the go. But the main question is,

1. If ever I just keep it plugged it all the times, will it damage my battery? (but based on what I know, which could be wrong, keeping battery plugged at all times is dangerous and not good for battery life)

2. How do I disable laptop Battery? I don't mean removing it rather just disabling it so that it won't overcharge or get damaged from being plugged all the time.

For those curious, Now why do I want to disable laptop battery? Because as I have said my laptop is docked in my desk at home and it is plugged all the time at least 16 hours per day. Also, battery is not yet damaged it still works fine, tested it just now. Now, why don't I just remove the battery? well, I'm am not very techy and do not know how to do it or how to open my laptop which I also have no plan in doing. Now, why don't I just plug - in, plug-out my laptop? Well, imagine repeating the cycle of plugging in and out for 16 hours. It's very tiresome. Now why don't I just buy a desktop? Long story short - I don't have the money on me right now. So I am thinking the only way to do it would be to disable the laptop somehow without removing it. or if someone could 100% confirm that my Travelmate P249-G2-MG's battery won't get damaged, destroyed, blow-up, or overcharge if I keep it plugged in for 16 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I have also already tried searching the forum, could not find the answers I was looking for. 
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    1) I believe it will not damage the battery in the short time. In addition, I recommend that you keep the battery activated, as it will prevent the notebook from being turned off, in the event of a power outage in your home;
    2) There is no way to disable the battery. What I would do would be to use battery power every three weeks, so that the battery is calibrated. You have the option to disconnect the lithium battery:
    But I would only disconnect the battery, if the laptop was connected there is a sinusoidal UPS. The best option is to actually use the laptop on battery power every three weeks to calibrate the battery cells.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)