Acer Control Center

Options
carrotmuseum
carrotmuseum Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Just bought a new Acer Travelmate B117 M

In the Start there is the Acer Control Center. Under Recovery Management there are 3 option:

Create Factory Back Up  - Create System Image - Back up Wireless and LAN drivers.

Get started is highlighted when you hover over them, but nothing happens when selected.

The first and last do not work. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
     Not a solution is it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
    Still no solution I can understand
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Pardon! What I would like to know, is if you are trying to backup your operating system?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmAOwRYNwY

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
    Please answer my question or STOP replying!

This is my question - Just bought a new Acer Travelmate B117 M

In the Start there is the Acer Control Center. Under Recovery Management there are 3 option:

Create Factory Back Up  - Create System Image - Back up Wireless and LAN drivers.

Get started is highlighted when you hover over them, but nothing happens when selected.

The first and last opyions do not work. 
  • SaurabhBahuguna
    SaurabhBahuguna Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    carrotmuseum,
    I have swift 3 (newly brought) and it has Acer Care Center in place of Acer Control Center.
    On Acer Care Center, it has only 2 option o backup:
    1 - Create Backup (this on clicking Get Started, opens Windows Backup Screen which as or tries to detect external media like Pen Drive or external hard disk to perform backup creation).
    2- Backup Wireless and Lan drivers (this on clicking Get Started, opens pop, which shall ask path where we want to save wireless and Lan drivers (within laptop storage partitions or drives like C: D, etc).

But again one more point I would like to tell you, that even my Acer Control Center is having bug which many times don't perform as promised or complete actions which are mentioned to do so. So if in case, you are getting somewhat similar steps as stated above, u may think to try it with pen drive or external media, else there may be a chance that your Acer Control Center is also having similar bug as of Acer Care Center.

Thanks,
    SB
  • carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
    A bit hopeless from Acer isn't it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @carrotmuseumBe patient. I'm trying to help you! @SaurabhBahuguna and @carrotmuseum Try uninstalling these two services:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
    I only have ONE of those - the Control Center.  I am doing nothing more until Acer Official support answer this question.  They sold the laptop with this ***** in the first place. This is a new machine, it shold work first time.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Then uninstall the acer care center and then run what I said earlier.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SaurabhBahuguna

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho  Thanks for this knowledge sharing.
    God forbid in case, required, i shall take backup as you suggested. But i believe @carrotmuseum  is also absolutely right that, New laptop with @Acer bundled softwares / apps shall work Right in First Time. Otherwise, their is no point of our @trust @Acer. It somewhat similar to Microsoft, that, windows might have some bugs, but they are working day and night to update / correct those by releasing new patches or software updates. These series of releases is seems missing from @Acer or they are still not able to solve autmatic updates of their own softwares on sold machines, which will surely be a big problem for all of us in future.

But i feel nobody from @Acer will see or reply these posts. Let hope for best.

Thanks,
    Saurabh Bahuguna

• carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
    So the answer is to NEVER buy an Acer again. They clearly do not care about customers so why should we care about them? Plenty of other good manufacturers like Dell, Asus etc
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    I only have ONE of those - the Control Center.  I am doing nothing more until Acer Official support answer this question.  They sold the laptop with this ***** in the first place. This is a new machine, it shold work first time.
    This is the Acer Community Forum, Acer support representatives do not post here or respond to questions here. The only Acer employees you find here are the ones who moderate the forums, so delete spam posts and move posts to more appropriate forums when needed. You really have to contact Acer Support for your locale to get an official answer to your question.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SaurabhBahuguna

Tinkerer

Options
    So the answer is to NEVER buy an Acer again. They clearly do not care about customers so why should we care about them? Plenty of other good manufacturers like Dell, Asus etc
    @carrotmuseum : You are right, but if this is the case, I would suggest you can quickly connect with Acer representative over Acer Chat Support. You can get that option by login to your profile on www.acer.com and look for the option of Supports. Hope that will help real quick and also, if required you can mail them your issue so that you can get a real response from their tech team.
    I usually tried Acer Chat Support (during working hours) and it's really helpful, otherwise, they can at least lodge a complaint on your behalf so that you can get a resolution to it.

@billsey : you are also right stating that, this community is usually to discuss and help each other with respective machine owners' experiences. Acer tech guy may be a part of it with one or another name but shall not reply due to company policies and restrictions. One way it is good also, this way Acer can track and keep count of complaints related to specific issues which will help them in the long run. By the way, looking at your Acer profile statics, I would like to thank you for confirming that @Acer employees are here only to moderate the forum topics.
  • carrotmuseum

Tinkerer

Options
    There is no live chat for UK customers. Neither is there a support email. I am finding Acer a VERY poor company right now!  Brand new laptop - no support. That is simply appalling!
  • SaurabhBahuguna

Tinkerer

Options
    @carrotmuseum
    Just try this link, it may give you some options (I am Not 100% sure that this is for UK only as it has G8 in address, but you can give it a try for sure):
    Also, I found Acer product good and prices are not hyped like other brands, but yes I agree with you that, Acer needs to improve a lot in their site design and provide more UI friendly site to all visitors of the site. 
    Below link shows, the option of live chat (down due to server maintenance) but then gave the option to email:

https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/ask/
  • SaurabhBahuguna

Tinkerer

Options
    @carrotmuseum
    Just try this link, it may give you some options
    https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/ask/:

Also, I found Acer product good and prices are not hyped like other brands, but yes I agree with you that, Acer needs to improve a lot in their site design and provide more UI friendly sites to all visitors of the site. 
    Below link shows, the option of live chat (down due to server maintenance) but then gave the option to email:

https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/ask/