Upgrade RAM Aspire A515 51G

Options
GermanGauch0
GermanGauch0 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello

I read  the forum and think I already found out. But want to be sure. Would be very nice if you can help me. I want to upgrade the 4GB module and replace it with a 16GB module

So I wanna buy a 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz CL 17 module

Its just confusing because I always saw CL 15 when i read here in the forum.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello

I read  the forum and think I already found out. But want to be sure. Would be very nice if you can help me. I want to upgrade the 4GB module and replace it with a 16GB module

What I would do since your old OEM is an A-Data Technology DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz) Part No: AMIP24HC4R1-BUNS at 4GB ram, I would replace that with the same ADATA DDR4-2400 (17) 16G X16 SO-DIMM 1.2V Part No: AD4S2400316G17-B (see caption) this is a 2400MHz speed, CAS latency: CL 17-17-17 as that is the most sensible thing to do and will match your manufacturer of your OEM type ram and will be the most compatible.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you check out this topic from colleague aphanic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/608352/guide-how-to-find-out-if-you-can-upgrade-the-ram-and-which-one-you-need#latest
    The topic explains very well how to choose the correct ram.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello

What I would do since your old OEM is an A-Data Technology DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz) Part No: AMIP24HC4R1-BUNS at 4GB ram, I would replace that with the same ADATA DDR4-2400 (17) 16G X16 SO-DIMM 1.2V Part No: AD4S2400316G17-B (see caption) this is a 2400MHz speed, CAS latency: CL 17-17-17 as that is the most sensible thing to do and will match your manufacturer of your OEM type ram and will be the most compatible.

• GermanGauch0
    GermanGauch0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you very much.

The only thing I can find here in Argentina is AD4S2400316G17-S

Does anybody know what is the difference between the B and the S at the end? Or it doesnt matter for my purpose?

Kind regards

• StevenGen
    Options
    Thank you very much.

The only thing I can find here in Argentina is AD4S2400316G17-S

Does anybody know what is the difference between the B and the S at the end? Or it doesnt matter for my purpose?

Kind regards

All the AD4S2666316G19-B or R or S are the same DDR4 SO-DIMM 16GB 2666 with 260-pin, 2666MHz speed, CAS Latency, CL 19-19-19 at 1.2V which what you should be worried about. If you can only find in Argentina the AD4S2400316G17-S then buy that as it will improve your system considerably. .