Cooling pad, do I need it?

Minemat70
Minemat70 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good day,
I have laptop Acer Aspire A515-51G-54AH. When I play games, I think my laptop warms up a lot. WHen I look into HWMonitor, I see: CPU: about 82°C, Graphics Card: approx. 79°C, Hard Drive: 38°C and Motherboard: 50°C. Do I need cooling pad, and which type seems to fit with my laptop.
Thanks.

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As I told you, everything you can to keep the system as cool as possible will have more useful life and better performance.
    An excellent cooling base would surely bring you such benefits.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good afternoon Minemat70 !

If these temperatures are measured during a game, they are completely stable and safe.
    Of course, the colder the system, the better the performance and the service life.
    I recommend taking a look at the Cooler Master cooling bases.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Minemat70
    They are measured just after quitting from game to desktop (not crashing).
  • MaClane
    In that case, you must measure with the game in progress, to have a more accurate value.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Minemat70
    OK. Anywas thanks for response  :)
  • Minemat70
    And will the measurement during the game somehow affect buying the cooling pad or not?

• MaClane
    The purchase itself is not, but we can have a more accurate notion of temperatures.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Minemat70
    Measurement during game: CPU: 80-82°C, Graphics Card: 82°C and 80°C, Harddisk: 37°C, Motherboard: 51°C. I also forget to mention that, I have recently upgraded RAM from 8 Gb to 20 Gb (if it somehow affects the measurements).
  • MaClane
    Very stable and safe temperatures.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Minemat70
    edited July 2020
    So, I should consider buying a cooling pad?

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    As I told you, everything you can to keep the system as cool as possible will have more useful life and better performance.
    An excellent cooling base would surely bring you such benefits.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Minemat70
    edited July 2020
    Thanks a lot :)
  • MaClane
    You're welcome!
    Needing something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• It may be necessary to repast with a new thermal paste. I also advise to clean the fans.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    There is hardly such a need at the moment for the temperatures presented and the time of use.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Minemat70
    Must the cooling pad be from Cooler Master?
  • If you choose to buy a cooling pade, choose a model that has a power adapter. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Not necessarily.
    You can choose any of your preference and confidence.
    I always come from the Cooler Master for having 3 different ones and knowing the quality and performance.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    Most bases do not have a source of eternal energy and they are not bad.
    If you choose one with higher performance, just purchase a HUB-USB with external source and connect your peripherals to it together with the cooler base.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• The ideal is to really clean the fans and change the thermal paste:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    Only if there is a proven real need
    Otherwise, it is just a procedure for strees for the device and unnecessary.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™