Built in microphone on acer nitro 5(model an517-51) not working

Yberk
Yberk Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My mic was just working earlier but it just stopped working this isn't a new laptop either its been working for months how is this?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Right click speaker icon in right tray. Click recording devices. Is microphone checkmarked? If yes, click on it and choose properties. Click levels tab and set mic and boost  sliders to max. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Yberk

Tinkerer

@JackE
    its already at max

• JackE
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. In the box that pops up, is SystemProtection turned on? If yes, click the SystemRestore button. Click next. Choose the restore point with a date stamp about when the mic stopped working. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Yberk

Tinkerer

@JackE
    i think i figured it out,
    i suspect its a hardware issue because it has all the updated drivers and every other microphone works and i did nothing to effect it on the date that it stopped working, thanks @JackE
    for your help anyways.
  • JackE
    Open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on Sound, video. etc folder. Right click on Realtek Audio driver. Click uninstall. Exit DeviceManager without reinstalling anything. Shutdown windows normally. Turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Yberk

Tinkerer

@JackE
    i didnt see any red/yellow warning signs, I tried uninstalling and shutting it down and it still doesnt work
  • JackE
    Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can identify a better driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ