Acer Nitro AN715-51 NH.Q5HSP.001 HD WebCam Windows 10 2004 not Working

ionman
ionman Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Recently I finally received the Acer Nitro AN715-51 NH.Q5HSP.001. After few minutes of checking and connected to internet, system prompt for update. from Windows 10 1809 to 2004, in the previous version I never tried to open the camera app. Then after a day i opened the camera app and see it's only a blank screen. I asked at Acer support, even followed Acer Community on how to fix it, even tried the uninstall/reinstall. I even reinstalled the Windows 10 2004 (clean install/format) and downloaded all the drivers for this model (from acer support) even updated the BIOS from 1.02 to 1.29

There's once I installed the Acer Crystal Eye Camera  (it was fixed) already functioning, but after few minutes the systems update prompted for restart, after reboot it goes back to blank/black camera again, and even i tried to uninstall/reinstall the Acer Crystal Eye Camera still not working again.

The Acer did not provide any Web Camera Driver.

Please help me on how to fix this.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,680 Pathfinder
    @ionman
    • Click on window icon Camera app and right click on the camera app result
    • Under right-click context menu select App settings
    • Under camera app settings, scroll and locate & hit the reset buttonWindows 10 Camera Settings Reset
    • Confirm your action by selecting the reset button and again
    After doing above steps make sure you give permission go to settings and click on the Privacy category. Select Camera under the App permissions section on the left. On the right panel, you have to turn on the setting “Allow apps to access your camera“. Scroll down to locate the Camera app and grant permission for it to access the webcam.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • ionman

Tinkerer

@ionman
    • Click on window icon Camera app and right click on the camera app result
    • Under right-click context menu select App settings
    • Under camera app settings, scroll and locate & hit the reset buttonWindows 10 Camera Settings Reset
    • Confirm your action by selecting the reset button and again
    After doing above steps make sure you give permission go to settings and click on the Privacy category. Select Camera under the App permissions section on the left. On the right panel, you have to turn on the setting “Allow apps to access your camera“. Scroll down to locate the Camera app and grant permission for it to access the webcam.
    Thank you for your reply, I already did this one. Nothing change.
  • GAMING6698
    @ionman
    1)Completely update your window 
    2)open device manager→camera→right click on HD webcam→uninstall device→uncheck box→uninstall 
    After uninstalling click on action→scan for hardware changes now restart your laptop  and check

• ionman

Tinkerer

@ionman
    1)Completely update your window 
    2)open device manager→camera→right click on HD webcam→uninstall device→uncheck box→uninstall 
    After uninstalling click on action→scan for hardware changes now restart your laptop  and check
    thank you, I did it too... still nothing...
  • GAMING6698
    @ionman
    Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start  button, and then select Settings  > Update & Security   > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps  > Run the troubleshooter.  

• ionman

Tinkerer

@ionman
    Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start  button, and then select Settings  > Update & Security   > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps  > Run the troubleshooter.  
    @ionman
    Thank you for this one. I tried... but still nothing. I think it's not about the Camera apps, since i tried all posible apps like Skype, Zoom, Google Meet still blank/black display of camera.
  • GAMING6698
    @ionman
    Try battery reset→

Use the instructions below to perform a battery reset.

Unplug the AC power adapter.
    Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
    If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 30 seconds.

Video guide→
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

Note: Not all models have a battery pinhole reset.

• ionman

Tinkerer

@ionman
    Try battery reset→

Use the instructions below to perform a battery reset.

Unplug the AC power adapter.
    Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
    If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 30 seconds.

Video guide→
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

Note: Not all models have a battery pinhole reset.
    Also thank you very much for this one, unfortunately this model has no battery reset button (pin button)...
  • GAMING6698
    @ionman
    Unplug the AC power adapter. Press and hold the Power button down for 30 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.

• ionman

Tinkerer

@ionman
    Unplug the AC power adapter. Press and hold the Power button down for 30 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
    Thank you again Sir... but.. 
  • GAMING6698
    edited July 2020
    @ionman
    1)In the search box you have there you need to write Device Manager. Left click or tap on the Device manager icon after the search is finished.
    2)
    On the left side panel you will need to expand the Imaging devices group. Locate your camera, right click it and choose Update Driver
    3)
    Click on Browse my computer for driver software.Webcam shows white screen4)Left click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    1. Webcam shows no activityLeft click or tap on the USB Video device.
    2. Left click or tap on the Next button you have in the lower side of the window.
    3. From here you need to follow the instructions you have on the screen and finish the driver update of your webcam in Windows 10.
    4. After the update is finished you need to reboot your Windows 10 device.

• ionman

Tinkerer

@ionman
    1)In the search box you have there you need to write Device Manager. Left click or tap on the Device manager icon after the search is finished.
    2)On the left side panel you will need to expand the Imaging devices group. Locate your camera, right click it and choose Update Driver
    3)
    Click on Browse my computer for driver software.Webcam shows white screen4)Left click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    1. Webcam shows no activityLeft click or tap on the USB Video device.
    2. Left click or tap on the Next button you have in the lower side of the window.
    3. From here you need to follow the instructions you have on the screen and finish the driver update of your webcam in Windows 10.
    4. After the update is finished you need to reboot your Windows 10 device.

• GAMING6698
    @ionman
    Wait for next window update