My new Nitro AN515-55 microphone isn't working, please help!

Options
Fallenroyal
Fallenroyal Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently bought my first gaming laptop, an acer nitro 5 AN515-55 and I've been having problems with the microphone. The default microphone doesn't work and neither does my headset when connected by an av cable, which is what i used with my old laptop. They work through bluetooth, but the quality is horrible.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the audio drivers to update them and updated to the newest windows version as well. I tried downloading the drivers from the acer support site for my model. And finally, i tried disabling the stereo array on my settings while leaving the microphone array as default and vice versa. None of that works and neither does troubleshooting.

I managed to get the built in microphone working at some point, but i put my headphones in and that stopped it from working, even after i tried recreating what i thought i did.

Any help would be very appreciated, as i dont want to have to replace my computer or leave the house at all due to covid. 

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Boot any live linux distro and plug the headset in and look if you can choose ext. mic and int. mic and see if they are working. 
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Fallenroyal
    Fallenroyal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    batmalin said:
    Boot any live linux distro and plug the headset in and look if you can choose ext. mic and int. mic and see if they are working. 
    Sorry for the late reply but i dont think the problem is with the headset since it still works on my old laptop that also uses a 35mm headphone jack and my phone. I tried some normal earbuds and the mic on that doesn't work either. I tried a mic tester and it couldn't detect anything from any input while it worked on my old laptop. I've never used a live linux distro before + been busy so i havent been able to try that yet but i thought this extra info might still help. Thanks for helping btw!!