Acer Aspire E15 (E5-576-392H) shuts off 10-15 seconds after being turned on with blank screen

DERich2000
DERich2000 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited July 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,

My close relative have an Acer Aspire E15 (E5-576-392H) with a major problem starting the laptop, so I am trying to get it fixed it for him.  It turns on for 10-15 seconds with a completely black screen and no backlight, then the fan blows louder than usual and then computer immediately shuts off.  I have tried removing the battery, RAM, and storage drive from the laptop with only the AC adapter powering the laptop, but the same problem still persist.  My relative isn't exactly sure what the cause could have been.  Any suggestions on the a possible cause and a solution?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,281 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Hello,

My close relative have an Acer Aspire E15 (E5-576-392H) with a major problem starting the laptop, so I am trying to get it fixed it for him.  It turns on for 10-15 seconds with a completely black screen and no backlight, then the fan blows louder than usual and then computer immediately shuts off.  I have tried removing the battery, RAM, and storage drive from the laptop with only the AC adapter powering the laptop, but the same problem still persist.  My relative isn't exactly sure what the cause could have been.  Any suggestions on the a possible cause and a solution?

Try to boot the laptop with the Win-10 installation USB and go to the “Advanced options” and try to do a “System Restore” and see if that will fix this problem, as it could be a OP or Startup problem? If it doesn’t then it’s a power connection problem that could be associated with and at the DC Power Jack plug or with the DC Power Jack Cable that could have a problem and needs replacing, check and do all these remedies and see if that fixes this problem.

Advance Options

Check this DC pug if faulty or has a short and the charger shorts out?

Replace this DC Power Jack Cable 

• DERich2000
    DERich2000 Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited July 2020
    Alright, I figured out what I needed to do and the computer is now working again!

So what I did was disassembling the case to get to the motherboard, then remove the CMOS battery on the back of the motherboard, and let it sit there for 10 minutes. Afterward, I put it back in and reassembled the PC and it started working normally again! If I'm not mistaken, maybe there was a misconfiguration in the BIOS. But either way, the laptop is functioning normally.
  • NageshAras
    NageshAras Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I am glad that the laptop is working again, but if you want to reset the battery, most models are supposed to have a pinhole given in the bottom plate, where you are supposed to insert a pin and press for 10 seconds.

Here is an example:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+V5-572+-+Battery+Reset+Pinhole/33898 
  • growthmentor
    growthmentor Member Posts: 2 New User
    1. uninstall the graphics driver. 2. disable display driver in device manager. 3. install intel driver support assistant, upon launching the intel driver support assistant, on the browser, install the graphics driver give as such "
    Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Drivers". It solved my long lived problem.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @growthmentor,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​