XB271HUA scanlines and pixel inversion. Issues?

PiCoTTo
PiCoTTo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives

Hello,

I have been testing my new Acer Predator XB271HUA (AU Optronics TN panel), which I mainly purchased as 3D monitor backup for my Asus VG248QE (also AU Optronics TN) and nVidia 3D Vision 2. I have observed 2 drawbacks (maybe related) and would like to know if they are normal in this monitor, or it is defective and I should request a replacement to Amazon, as I am still time. If they are normal, maybe a firmware update mitigates it, or else I would think of simply return it back.

My unit is manufactured in March 2020 and comes with…

HW Revision: 264

NV FW Version: 5.52

FW version: 20170206_0_302515

ISSUES

1.       Mainly in both at 60Hz and in 3D mode (60Hz for each eye), vertical strips/lines pattern comes visible over the image, like scanlines. It is more noticeable as more uniform and brighter the color area is, and always with movement, no matter if it is the image or your eyes over the screen what moves. This effect is similar to this:

With no movement, it is also slightly appreciable. To the left, the issue in the Acer. To the right, the same image in the Asus.

2.       Besides the unavoidable crosstalk of all 3D monitors, in 3D mode, when contrast in OSD is 22 or more, a clear kind of pixel inversión with vertical line pattern comes too much visible to the both sides of those graphical elements that contrast with the background. The more you rise the contrast the more accentuated this artefact becomes. Some sample photos taken through nVidia glasses with a contrast of 50:

As workaround I could lower contrast to 22 or below, but the scene turns quite darker and the colors gets too much wasted, as you can see if compared to the Asus.

My Asus monitor has also pixel inversión in 3D mode, but is way less pronounced, and it blends much better with the surrounding.

Thank you all in advance.