Acer Supports the UK Department of Education During COVID-19 Crisis

Options
Manny-Acer_Retired
Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Acer UK provided local education authorities with 4,500 Travelmate B-Series[1] laptops to be distributed to disadvantaged pupils in England who may lack the resources to transition from learning at school to learning at home or who need to virtually interact with Social Care Services. In response, the Secretary of State for Education thanked Acer for its on-going support of the government’s initiative in a personal note to Nick Walter, Head of Commercial.

"Thank you for your efforts to support the education of young people at this time. The role that you and the wider technology sector are playing will be vital to our response to this global crisis."
In particular, priority will be given to children working with a social worker, care-leavers and disadvantaged year 10 students who will be sitting their GCSE high school exams next year. As the initiative continues to develop, Acer may potentially expand the scope of its involvement via a further roll out that will support other categories of disadvantaged students.

[1] A mix of TravelMate B1, TravelMate B3, TravelMate Spin B1 and TravelMate Spin B3 devices were supplied.  

Comments

• RyderPearse
    RyderPearse Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2021
    Options
    In fact, such steps have been taken by many companies and this is very important, but nevertheless, I respect Acer. I am an active participant in the field of education, because I am a 3rd-year student, I also want to make a recommendation to my colleagues and everyone interested with a useful expert review on the best assignment writing services 2021, which will help you quickly learn about the most popular services among the student community, make a choice and order your services, entrusting your tasks to professionals.
  • bhaskararavindra52
    bhaskararavindra52 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    One of the most WELCOME moves by ACER !! Hats off to YOU !!!