My Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 doesn't turn on normally after I close it and open it again

Chelschels123
Chelschels123 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I'm stressing out because I got this Laptop this year and one day all of a sudden it didn't want to turn on , i did the battary reset button thing thats at the bottom of my laptop and it turns on like regular but then after i closed it and tried opening it again it wont turn on , its just black. It charges well it just wont turn on after i close it , the only way i can turn it on is by doing the battery reset. But that isnt the right way to turn on a laptop. I dont know what to do , can anyone help me !!!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Is it a problem where it doesn't wake from the sleep modes or does it actually shut off? If it's stuck in a sleep mode the power button wouldn't help unless you held it down for a while to force a full shut off. If it's shutting all the way down then the power button would just act normally, doing the regular boot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chelschels123
    Im not sure if it goes into sleep mode or shuts off, the screen just goes black. Today it started working normal again but Now it randomy turned off when i layed it on its side as well to watch a video laying down. pressing down the power button didnt help the only way it worked again was doing the battery reset. Itll work normally until i lay it on its side again. I don't know what the problem might be @billsey

• billsey
    When you say "lay it on it's side" do you mean on the left or right side so the screen is in portrait mode, or on it's side like tent mode? If we can pin down sometihng that always works to cause the issue we're half way to fixing it, usually. :)
    If by on the side you mean the left or right, is the power plug inserted and is it up or down?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chelschels123
    edited July 2020
    I lay it on its right side , just so i can comfortably watch a movie laying down. and no i dont put the power plug on it when i use it while laying it on its right side. I found this picture that pretty much shows what i would do. But now when i do it the laptop just shuts off and wont turn on with the power button. It's weird @billsey
  • billsey
    I see what you mean now. There are sensors in the laptop that measure as you move it around so it can automatically switch to tablet mode when appropriate. I believe they are accelerometers and are likely part of the MB and the display, though they might be rolled into the chipset. I don't believe they have drivers offered separately from the chipset drivers, and I can't think of anything that we might adjust to have them work differently. Try manually switching to tablet mode, then lock the screen to the orientation you want and see if that allows you to turn it sideways without the problem.