Acer aspire 3 A314-21-67T5 Maximum Ram

Szantosz
Szantosz Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought an acer aspire 3 A314-21-67T5. What is the maximum ram I can put in the empty Ram slot?  Thanks

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to start a new thread, so that many people will view the post and respond, anyway, there may be different reasons for the RAM stick not working, you can check the RAM door whether it is properly shut, the screw is not overtightened, there is a micro switch, if you don't shut the door properly it may cause problem, another thing to consider is the RAM may be faulty, if it's possible please check the module in another laptop.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    You can install up to 8GB in the available slot, (4GB onboard+8GB) to make the maximum memory of 12GB.
    Please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/580081/can-i-upgrade-my-ram-on-my-acer-aspire-a314-21
  • Szantosz
    Thank you so much for your help.
    I am planning to buy it from amazon but I am not sure if I buy single rank or dual rank type?
    I have found this one but it gives me option for both.
    Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, Single Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory

Thank you 

• brummyfan2
    Szantosz said:
    Thank you so much for your help.
    I am planning to buy it from amazon but I am not sure if I buy single rank or dual rank type?
    I have found this one but it gives me option for both.
    Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, Single Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory

Thank you 
    You are welcome  :) you don't need to worry about single rank or dual rank, it's only a manufacturing process, you can mix single and dual rank modules.
  • Szantosz
    Thanks again.
  • Szantosz
    I decided to upgrade my acer aspire 3 A314-21-67T5 with 8GB Integral IN4V8GNDLRI DDR4 2400MHz NON-ECC SODIMM 1.2V laptop RAM 
    (other numbers on RAM 93-90-10 W2003PTW). Unfortunately the laptop doesn't turn on when I put it in the empty rack :(:-1: 
    It doesn't start up. I can hear the fan comes on and power indicator led is on but display doesn't display anything. It is trying to boot up but nothing. It goes back to normal when I removedthe extra 8GB RAM.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks
  • Szantosz
    The RAM is seated properly and I pressed the hidden reset button as well before inserting the RAM ...
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to start a new thread, so that many people will view the post and respond, anyway, there may be different reasons for the RAM stick not working, you can check the RAM door whether it is properly shut, the screw is not overtightened, there is a micro switch, if you don't shut the door properly it may cause problem, another thing to consider is the RAM may be faulty, if it's possible please check the module in another laptop.
  • Szantosz
    Hi,
    Thank you for your suggestions. I tried this RAM in a LENOVO YOGA 510 and it works. I have all 8GB listed in windows.
    I am afraid my Acer Aspire 3 A314-21-67T5 doesn't even work with the 4GB RAM from the Lenovo (Ramaxel NB0F1609055 100280609 16383F00 4GB HF PC4 8S5M30K62038R1AA69EA3F1 RMSA3230KE68H9F-2133). It is the same problem. The laptop doesn't turn on with RAM installed just when I remove the RAM unfortunately. (RAM sits in slot properly, door properly closed and screw not overtightened, reset button pressed with a pin.)
    Is there any specific requirement for the new RAM (single or dual rank?). Does anyone know if the built in RAM has any affect on what kind of RAM I can insert in the external RAM slot?
    Someone posted a review on Amazon about my 8GB RAM so it looks like it doesn't work with Acer A315a-21 either :(
          "Bought this as an upgrade for my Acer A315a-21 . This doesn't work on this laptop even after a firmware upgrade"
    Thank you for any advice.