can i upgrade my ram on my Acer Aspire A314-21?

Options
spongebob333
spongebob333 Member Posts: 2 New User
i just bought a new laptop, acer aspire a314-21, i was wondering if i could upgrade the ram on this specific model? crucial says 

Slots: 1 (1 bank of 1)

Maximum Memory: 12GB

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

Standard Memory: 4GB non-removable

pls help, and thx

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you have a 4GB on-board memory and a slot for upgrade, you can install a 8GB DDR4 2400MHz to make up the total of 12GB memory.
    Please make sure that you don't have warranty warning sticker on the memory door screw, if you have the sticker, you can only upgrade through Acer Support centre in your country. I have shown an example in my snip.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you have a 4GB on-board memory and a slot for upgrade, you can install a 8GB DDR4 2400MHz to make up the total of 12GB memory.
    Please make sure that you don't have warranty warning sticker on the memory door screw, if you have the sticker, you can only upgrade through Acer Support centre in your country. I have shown an example in my snip.

• spongebob333
    spongebob333 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,

I see, thx for the reply and help, greatly appreciated 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,

I see, thx for the reply and help, greatly appreciated 
    You are welcome  :)
  • Groofy
    Groofy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello I want to ask about the acer aspire 3 a314-21 40wh laptop. I've upgraded to 4GB DDR4 2667Mhz ram, why is my laptop so slow when I turn it on?