Need help on the Nitro AN515-5 - Finally starting to upgrade it

Tauridium
Tauridium Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Finally starting to upgrade the Nitro AN515-51 its the I7-7700 with a 1050 GTX.

Now I will be upgrading the ram to its max capacity and wanting to change over the HDD to and SSD 2.5 and also wanting to replace the other SSD which is now i believe a kingston 128gb which has all the boot files in. 
Heard there's a limit to how much GB you can install into it aka I am upgrading it to M.2 970 evo plus for a 500GB and wanted to install a terabyte SSD to replace the HDD. 

Would it be worth it to just install a whole M.2 terabyte of the 970 or will there be issues to it? 
Heard from someone that the Nitro can only hold up to 512gb of the M.2, is that true?

Will be using the M.2 specifically for boot files and editing programs etc or will there be an issue in the model that can only hold up 512gb?

Another problem is the SSD the m.2 looking drive has all the boot files in.. is there a way to copy it over to the new m.2?

Any help on this would be much appreciated! =) 

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    There is no such limit.
    This information is maximum capacity TESTED by Acer.
    In the M.2 2280 Sata 3 standard, capacities up to 2Tb have already been installed without a problem.
    In the M.2 2280 PCIe standard. I do not recommend greater than 960Gb

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good evening Tauridium !

This model supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (2 slots, 2x16GB each) SO-DIMM DDR4 2133 / 2400Mhz

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor7coc72c7gpr2gajpg
    Check your installed with CPUz

This model also supports SSD with M.2 slot in factor 2280 for both Sata 3 and PCIe NVMe Gen3x4

Here's how to transfer the system from the HDD to the SSD:

Here's how to perform the installation:

Always remember to disconnect the lithium-ion battery before installing hardware.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Tauridium
    Tauridium Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi thank you!

Also I just came across somebody saying there is only a limit to 512gb on the M.2 is that true? As I would like to go up to a terabyte on it

Thanks for the quick reply also!
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    There is no such limit.
    This information is maximum capacity TESTED by Acer.
    In the M.2 2280 Sata 3 standard, capacities up to 2Tb have already been installed without a problem.
    In the M.2 2280 PCIe standard. I do not recommend greater than 960Gb

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• The model g3-571 and g3-572 have the same motherboard as the model AN515-51. The xapim user successfully installed a 2tb 2280 m2 ssd on g3-571, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/718147/#Comment_718147
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    You're welcome!
    Needing something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™