Is the copy of Windows 10 that came installed on my Acer Aspire A315-51 laptop a licensed copy?

joeker
joeker Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
If so, how do I get a license number or certificate number? I had to replace the hard disk and install Windows on it, so I want to know if I'm legal or not. If it's not licensed, will Bill and Melinda send some ruffians by to fix my wagon?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening joeker !

Every legally traded Acer device has a copy of Windows with an OEM key.
    The chvae is integrated into Bios and cannot be erased or lost.
    On the original disk is the recovery partition with the base of the OEM system.
    It is the duty of each user to backup this partition as soon as he receives the device.
    If not, you can try to request directly from the Acer support.
    As for its installation, it was carried out correctly, the license is automatically activated.
    You can check your key with any application you have access to, or as follows:

To obtain the Windows 10 key, which is recorded in the BIOS, simply open PowerShell and enter the following command:

(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService'). OA3xOriginalProductKey

Note: To copy the key, simply select with the left mouse button and copy with the right button.

httpspplwaresapoptwp-contentuploads201608power_01_thumbjpg

For those who want to know more information about the licensing status of your system you can use the following command:

Get-WMIObject -Class SoftwareLicensingService | Select-Object -Property *

httpspplwaresapoptwp-contentuploads201608power_00_thumbjpg
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!