Processor speed stuck at 0.79ghz no matter what i do!

Grooovyyy
Grooovyyy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have the acer nitro 5 gaming laptop and recently i installed a third party software knows as QuickCPU for core parking and it booster my processor to 4.0 -4.11ghz, it also had a power saving option and when i set it active it dropped the cpu speed to 0.79ghz(i thought "ok it does what it says" and then when i i turn off the power saving mode nothing happened my cpu speed was still at 0.79ghz! I uninstalled the application but nothing happened in reset my bios but nothing happened i wiped out my whole laptop to the last file and did a clean install of windows 10 using a usb but still nothing happened!! I use throttlestop to bosst the performance everytime i turn on my laptop! If i dont then it will stay at 0.79ghz! I dont know whats the problem and i cant cant really spend any more money on this!! I have the i7 8750H cpu and 1050ti gpu!! If anyone found a solution please reply!!

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    So did you ask the vendor of the SW why this happens? I assume the SW has low level access to the HW and can override som BIOS values, if this is the case then you have no easy fix option.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158