I can’t use 3 SSD as well?

KKChong25
KKChong25 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I just upgrade my Acer AN515-54 to Kingston 250GB(original) + Samsung 970 Evo Plus + SanDisk Sata SSD 500GB , Total M2 SSD x2,Sata SSD x1... but I only can see the 2nd M2 SSD(Sam.970 Evo Plus) in bios, cant load in windows.. (Even right-click my computer -> manage ), is it cannot use 3 slot as well ?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    KKChong25 said:
    Hi I just upgrade my Acer AN515-54 to Kingston 250GB(original) + Samsung 970 Evo Plus + SanDisk Sata SSD 500GB , Total M2 SSD x2,Sata SSD x1... but I only can see the 2nd M2 SSD(Sam.970 Evo Plus) in bios, cant load in windows.. (Even right-click my computer -> manage ), is it cannot use 3 slot as well ?

First, show us a caption of your bios and your disk management so its allot clearer. Also, did you format the new "Samsung 970 Evo Plus"? Go to "Disk Management" and check format of your other disk drives that are recognised. For example, right click at left part of the disk at e.g. “Disk 0” then go to Properties > Volumes and look at "Partition style" and see their formats e.g. if it’s Master Boot Record (MBR) or GUID Partition Table (GPT). You can get an “NVME M-key M.2 NGFF SSD External PCBA Adapter with Flash Disk Case GL to USB 3.0” and plug it into the laptop, see if the ssd is recognised through the usb, if it is then format the Samsung 970 Evo Plus through windows first and that should make it visible to windows, if not then there is something wrong with either the way you pugged it in, the plug or the Samsung 970 Evo Plus (which is highly unlikely).