ACER ASPIRE 5 A515-43-R19L SSD DRIVE INSTALLATION

Wulleee
Wulleee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys, I'm not the best at installing ram, SSD drive and those type of things but I've watched many guides on how to do it, so I've got a bit of an idea. I was just asking here to say is will this SSD drive
"Crucial BX500 1TB 2.5" SSD, CT1000BX500SSD1" fit in the SSD slot, and what are the screws for the mounting bracket as mine didn't come with the bag of screws that was supposed to be in the package?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    You don't need screws or mounting bracket for a 2.5" SSD or even a 2.5" HDD (they're the same size) unless you're fussy and like to do a lot of unnecessary work. But first you have to figure out if you have a 2.5" HDD or SSD as the main drive  already installed or an m.2 SSD card drive as the main drive already installed. So what you do is press the WIN+R keys and enter 'msinfo32'. In the box the pops up, click the components folder in the left pane. Then click the disks subfolder. Then either post a screenshot of the right pane or state the model/brandname of the disk drive that's already installed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    You don't need screws or mounting bracket for a 2.5" SSD or even a 2.5" HDD (they're the same size) unless you're fussy and like to do a lot of unnecessary work. But first you have to figure out if you have a 2.5" HDD or SSD as the main drive  already installed or an m.2 SSD card drive as the main drive already installed. So what you do is press the WIN+R keys and enter 'msinfo32'. In the box the pops up, click the components folder in the left pane. Then click the disks subfolder. Then either post a screenshot of the right pane or state the model/brandname of the disk drive that's already installed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Wulleee
    There's a problem, I can't find the disc drive?
  • Wulleee
    Oh, I had to go over to storage and that's where the disc subcategory was. The model is   "HFM128GDJTNG-8310A".

• JackE
    OK. Your main boot drive is a smallish 128GB m.2 SSD.  So yes you can add the Crucial 2.5" 500GB SSD. If you live in the US or Canada, you can request an installation kit at this link https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit   If you don't, I recommend that you do as I do. Immobilize and protect the Crucial drive in the case with foam. When you remove the bottom cover, you'll see the mainboard as shown below. Connect the Crucial drive cable to the JHDD1 connector. Should be fine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wulleee
    Sorry for taking too long to reply. I tried submitting the form in but this message came up
    There was a problem with your request...
    Part number NX.HG8AA.001 is not valid for this form.
    If you feel this is in error, you may contact Acer Support.
    I also live in Australia, so is it possible to be shipped over here? Thanks.
  • JackE
    Sorry, no. The request is only good for US & Canada. I suggest that you do as I do, Immobilize and protect the Crucial drive in the case with foam.
    But if you really want to add the hardware & screws you might also contact the ACER Australia store by email at acerstore.aca@acer.com or by phone 1300-975-035 to see if they can pick a kit up for you. I however prefer the foam as a better and simpler solution. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ