Acer Aspire TC-780 CPU fan doesn't work properly.

ItssLionItssLion Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought my Aspire 3 years ago and loved it so far. Yesterday, I found out that my CPU was reaching 97 degrees celsius regularly. I opened the case and saw the fan wasn't spinning. I tried unplugging and replugging the header to no avail. I then spun the fan by hand, which I guess jump started the fan and it worked fine, until I boot again, which then I have to manually spin it to jump start it. I would rather not do this so any help is appreciated.

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 11,540 Trailblazer
    Just replace the fan, it's fairly easy to do and will remove the issue. If you leave that fan in it'll finish failing soon enough...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.9K

Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Adrianrad
Adrianrad
Adrnshw6
Adrnshw6
Akash_c
Akash_c
Alted
Alted
busu3
busu3
CALLISPER
CALLISPER
DinaZhunus
DinaZhunus
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
Eschler
Eschler
Florance
Florance
HunterxD
HunterxD
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
Janseee
Janseee
LLB
LLB
M91
M91
Mossiffer
Mossiffer
OldG
OldG
r00tz
r00tz
reanukeeves
reanukeeves
stanhaus
stanhaus
TaisRatier
TaisRatier
UserBrUS2
UserBrUS2
Vivekis1
Vivekis1
volkix
volkix
xapim
xapim
zZoro
zZoro
+1.8K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• By Acer-Manny -
    In an effort to reduce the impact that the manufacture and disposal of computer packaging has on the environment, ConceptD packaging is now almost 100 percent virgin plastic free and absolutely 100 (Read more…)
    0 50

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 3497

Total Points:6057

Total Accepted Answers: 304

GAMING6698 Supercomputer Wrangler