Acer TravelMate P255

Options
mik98
mik98 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a acer travelmate p255,which is a few years old now but I am in need for a spare-part and I was hoping someone can help me identify a supplier or the name of the part. The webcam has a plastic protector and I have pulled it out (there was no need to take the bezel out). For now I have placed some clear tape over it to keep the webcam protected, but I was hoping to buy a replace webcam protector. It is shaped like a disc or polo and has a clear plastic screen and smaller then 1cm in diameter. 
I have searched google for the part and used all sorts of names like protector, shield, etc, most of the searches come back with the webcam privacy covers which is not what I am after. 

The back story is, I am using this laptop for my kids home schooling and one of my kids poked a pencil into the webcam and the screen became blurry. I then investigated and realised that the webcam was ok and it was just the protector (part mentioned above) that was damaged. For now I have placed some clear tape over it, but probably best I get the right part to keep it safe as the webcam is essential with home schooling.

Any help would be great 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)?
    I think it is a part of the LCD bezel.
    France
  • mik98
    mik98 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi the first ten characters of the S/N are NXV8WEK011
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks. I confirm that this plastic protector is a part of the LCD bezel. It isn't sold separatly.
    Here is the Acer part number: 60.M8EN2.005

France