One of my fans is making a loud noise when running at around 3200RPM, but stops once it gets higher.

CaptainBritishCaptainBritish Member Posts: 6 New User
I got a refurbished AN517-51 a couple of months ago and recently the CPU fan has started making a rattling noise when running at a certain mid-range speed (around 3200RPM), however if I set the fan speed higher the noise stops. I'm hoping to get some advice on what to do next, I'm comfortable taking the laptop apart to a certain extent, so does anyone know of a part I could buy to replace the CPU fan? Is there anything I could do to the fan right now that may fix the issue?

Given it's a refurb I don't really have a warranty, I still have about 20 days left to RMA my device but honestly, if I can replace the fan for a decent price I'd rather not lose my laptop for two weeks. 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.8K

Acer-Harvey
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Adrnshw6
Adrnshw6
AkioRacela
AkioRacela
Arleneleef
Arleneleef
ASMR
ASMR
Beck18
Beck18
bob1066
bob1066
BradTeBeest
BradTeBeest
cairaine
cairaine
Fer26
Fer26
Greyflintstone
Greyflintstone
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
JustAskin
JustAskin
M2K3
M2K3
Manga
Manga
rohithreddy_k
rohithreddy_k
Srijansm
Srijansm
taina_bss
taina_bss
Tibm3l
Tibm3l
ttttt
ttttt
Tylek
Tylek
xapim
xapim
+1.8K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• By Acer-Manny -
    In an effort to reduce the impact that the manufacture and disposal of computer packaging has on the environment, ConceptD packaging is now almost 100 percent virgin plastic free and absolutely 100 (Read more…)
    0 132

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos